Shipping

James

Gold supporter
Aircraft
Cessna 150 & 172 & Gyro
Total Flight Time
3700 hrs.
Does any one know of a shipper that would go get my helicycle in Main and ship it to TN. I went on U-ship.com and the cheapest price was $3900. It was $2300 until I told them that the seller was to supervise the loading, tie down, and bracing, no if's and's or but's, it had to be done exactly like he said. May be some one can steer me in the right direction. Theses 2 prices were from the same company, just went up 'cause I told them how to load it, guess it tee'd them off or something.

Thanks,
James

James,
I'm out of a work right now. It would be a lot less wear & tear on your machine for me to zip up there on a R.J. and fly it back to TN for you. Then you could just drive me home to Cartersville, GA.

Is the ship 100% 10-8, 10-4 and a current annual? I'd fly it back for you for $500 if you buy the gas and my plane ticket up there.

Bryan

Bryan that's such a nice thing for you to do.
I remember your story about work as well. I sure hope you find something soon and I cannot think of to many people who I would trust like you to fly that down. He would be blessed and lucky if you were able to do so.

The kind words are appreciated. I'd probably freeze my butt off since it don't have heat but I could deal with it for 8-10 hours.

Bryan- That is a nice gesture on your part. If you have any questions about flying the Helicycle....I would be glad to share what little I know....but a little sometimes can be a lot if you need it.

I could just imagine how many freakin questions I would have to ask how to fly a Brantly.

Stan

Lookiing good

Lookiing good

...I remember your story about work as well. I sure hope you find something soon...

I'm pretty sure I have a job for a worldwide company called Hydro-Chem. They are a subsidy of Linde gas. They build modular, all-inclusive hydrogen production plants.

It sounds good and I feel the interview went great. The pay is almost 1.5x what I was making at L&L. Their wheels of bureaucracy just turn a little slow.

BC

I sure hope you get that one. Stay positive and fly safe.

Bryan- Just wondering how close your weight is to the owner that had been flying it. If he is say 180 pounds...then if I or you were flying it...it will need ballast on the tail.

Stan

It would be a "mission"

It would be a "mission"

...but a little sometimes can be a lot if you need it...

The one thing I would need to be 100% confident on is startup, rotor engagement, and shutdown.

I'd probably get to TN still in a pretty ignorant state about Helicycle flying. Just master startup/shutdown and spend 99% of my time at 90MPH cruise, not learning a thing...just getting there.

I'd definitely be more at ease knowing that answers were just a "Stan-call" away.

Bryan- Just wondering how close your weight is to the owner that had been flying it. If he is say 180 pounds...then if I or you were flying it...it will need ballast on the tail.

Stan

I'd do a stability check at first hover. If it needed an excess amount of aft cyclic as I began increasing collective, we'd run to Walmart and get some Jogger's leg weights like I used with the Brantly when I had a fat Pax.

Do you know the ship he bought? The builder? Have you SEEN it?

Bryan- I just have seen pictures of it. It looks like a nice one. I am sure the former owner will check your start up procedures.

I am immediately available by cell phone if you need anything.

Stan

Bryan- I just have seen pictures of it. It looks like a nice one. I am sure the former owner will check your start up procedures.

I am immediately available by cell phone if you need anything.

Stan

Do ya' know if the seller is the builder?

Bryan- I was under the impression that he is the builder.

James could confirm that.

If you pick a sunny day to fly, you will be comfortable in that cabin. Its like a greenhouse in there.

I hope you get the experience. I wish everyone could fly one just once.

Stan

150 gallons based on no wind and 16gl/hr climb, 14gl/hr cruise, 12gl/hr descent.
11 hours flight time
864 NM
What's that Stan? 10 fillups? I can't remember fuel cap.
Eric.jpg

Last edited:
The seller is the builder, 48hoursTT, Factory checked out and test flown, run 4 unit13, I appreciate it Bryan, I will check on the annual an check on how the seller feels about it. Stan, I am sure after I get my Robbie flying done, I will probably be worring you with emails, hope that is OK. All DVD's paper work, reading material comes with it. Also, the builder is an A&P. I guess when you have a good reason, that will motivate you, I am now at 212 -- Lost about 60 pounds in 4 months, more or less.

Funny, you guys are such rotorheads......He has not even said yes and your flight planning already.....Very Cool!

It does not have full doors, only half doors, probably would not get the green house effect, with the way the weather has been, you would probably freeze your buns off.

Pertinent

Pertinent

Funny, you guys are such rotorheads......He has not even said yes and your flight planning already.....Very Cool!

Not flight planning. THAT comes much later. Just collecting answers to the questions that need answered early in his decision making so he and I could decide if it's a reasonable option.

It just made me smile.....I'm not dissing you guys.

This is what makes this forum so awesome.

Way cool. That's really nice of you guys to help him out.

Mark

It just made me smile.....I'm not dissing you guys.

This is what makes this forum so awesome.

Way cool. That's really nice of you guys to help him out.

Mark

I'm cool with what you said. I just didn't want you to think I was an idiot. :)