Happy Birthday Vance

Wow Vance, It's your birthday. I hope you and Ed go out and have a great celebration. You deserve it.

Hope to see you at Mentone.

Life is a celebration!

Life is a celebration!

Thank you Stan, I hope to fly but I am not able to see the hills on the other side of the valley and Bakersfield is supposed to suck too.

Ed is in my life so it will be a great day.

Thank you Jake, life treats me well.

Thank you Chuck, I feel life is a great celebration.

I look forward to seeing you at Mentone.

Thank you, Vance

Many happy returns! Many happy gyro trips!

Happy Birthday buddy!!!

Attachments

• 0099.gif
    0099.gif
    74.7 KB · Views: 0
Vance, Happy Birthday! Watching your pursuit of hapiness is all the more encouraging given the fact that you almost stopped adding birthdays a few years ago.

See you at Mentone and El Mirage!

Happy Birthday. Keep them spinning.

Happy Birthday Vance,

Wayne

P.S. I just can hear Vance sing this little ditty:

Put another candle on my birthday cake,
We're gonna bake a birthday cake,
I'm another year old today.

I'm gonna have a party with my birthday cake,
Come on and take some birthday cake,

We'll have some pie, and sandwiches, and chocolate ice cream too,
We'll sing and play the day away, and one more thing I'm gonna do.

I'll blow out the candles on my birthday cake,
And when I do, a wish I'll make,

Happy Birthday to me,

Last edited:
This Day in Vances History!

This Day in Vances History!

This Day in History~Vance Your Birthday

Famous People Born on July 8th:

08-Jul
1838 Ferdinand Von Zeppelin
1839 John D. Rockefeller
1908 Nelson Rockefeller
1932 Brian Walden
1949 Vance E. Breese
1950 Sarah Kennedy
1958 Kevin Bacon
1959 Pauline Quirke
1961 Andy Fletcher
1961 Graham Jones

1947 U.S.A. Mysterious Flying Disc

8th July 1947 : There were a number of reports of a mysterious flying disc ( Spaceship ) landing in Roswell, New Mexico. At first reports were denied by the U.S. military, then a report appeared which stated they had been lucky enough to obtain one of the DISCS which was later denied. The debate whether an alien spacecraft actually landed in Roswell, New Mexico, still continues today with many believing it was a government cover up.

1949 The Famous Vance E. Breese came into the world and Blessed us with his presence!
these are just some of his accomplishments:

Vance Breese grew up in the limelight of his father. A quick search of "Google" will give you over 65,000 hits, most of them pertaining to his father, one of the most renouned test pilots of the 1930's and 1940's. Yet Vance built his own life endowed with that insatiable desire called, "need for speed."

He left home in the summer of '62 and found himself milking cows, fighting fires, riding fences, and finding a sweetheart in Medford, Oregon. When he turned 14, Vance got his "learner's permit" and purchased a Norton Dominator 99. The bike had previously been set up for racing. The nearest paved road was 20 miles away, so the clip on handlebars and limited steering lock, were not ideal. They did teach him about pushing the front wheel to slow down, but the real reason for purchasing the bike, was to visit his sweetheart, whom lived miles away. Little did he know those 450 mile (one way) trips would teach him the best way to handle a bike when you are in a hurry!

Business Life -
Following an unsucessfully business venture wih a motorcycle shop called Mothers Motors and Parts Pile, Vance then proceeded to get himself fired 3 times in 6 months working for another firm as a Volkswagen parts man. He started a carpet cleaning business, a telephone answering business, and was half owner of an engineering job shop, building everything from car parts to microwave communication structures. Vance was not looking to purchase a motorcyle store when he walked into Harley-Davidson of Santa Maria during 1986. He aquired the shop. Date of purchase: Fools Day, 1987, but everything just worked out, just fine.

Vance Breese spent the next eighteen years as a Harley-Davidson Dealer. In 1988, Vance was not satisfied with the existing software for running his business. So, not knowing any better, he started Santa Maria Software, on the side, and developed his own software business solution, now affectionately known as "Counterman." He spent a lot of time on the road selling the software while learning what other motorcycle dealers really needed in their quest for the ideal business tool. It needed to free them up from mundane tasks of redundant data entry and generate more free time for fun!

Vance sold Harley-Davidson of Santa Maria in 2001 and devoted full time to Counterman.
Fun Fact about Vance -
1965 - Started racing motorcycles on the desert, half mile, TT and road racing. Like road racing best.
1969 - Received his professional racing license.
1974 - American Federation of Motorcycles State Champion in 500 GP.
1975 - American Federation of Motorcycles State Champion in 500 GP.
1977 - American Federation of Motorcycles State 2d Place in Open Production.
1978 - American Federation of Motorcycles State Champion in Open Production.
1978 - American Federation of Motorcycles State Side Car Champion
1979 - American Federation of Motorcycles State 2d Place in Open Production.
1979 - American Federation of Motorcycles State Side Car Champion
VanceBonni80sm.jpg

1979 - Went to Bonneville with Alan Sputhe with an APS AG 1300 Sporster
and broke it on the starting rollers.

1980 - Broke his ankle through the joint in a road racing side car practice incident. Built an APS 1300 AG Harley Davidson powered Sporster while he was laid up, then set a record at Bonneville of 176.6 m.p.h. Jim Belland built the engine. Note: This record still stands.
1981 - Raced at the Isle of Mann in and finished 38th in the classic on a Harley Davidson Sporster, but still managed to win the "Sprit of TT" while crossing the finish line with his bike in flames.
1981 - Was involved with Denis Manning on the Bub Streamliner and crashed it four times in one day at Black Rock Desert.
1984 - Harry Hoffman helped Vance build a fuel burning 78 cubic inch Sporster. Duncan Keller built the engine. At Bonneville, he qualified for a record but could not complete the return run.
1985 - Set a Land Speed Record on the same bike of 199.954 m.p.h. in AF 1300.
1987 - Bought Harley-Davidson of Santa Maria.
1989 - Back with the same bike and destroyed the engine.
1990 - Back with the same bike and destroyed the engine.
1992 - Assisted by Ken Holden, designed and built a Harley-Davidson Streamliner with the aerodynamic design help of Kevin Cooper. Mike Corbin build the body, and Duncan Keller build the engine. Nine months after starting the build, raced and crashed at Bonneville at 70 mph in a towing incident.
1993 - Loaned the open Sportster to Carl Morrow whom set several records with it over the next several years.
1993 - Crashed the Streamliner at Bonneville when the gearbox locked up at 120 mph.
1994 - Crashed the Streamliner at approximately 285 mph when a pin for the skids broke and stopped the rear wheel.
1995 - Crashed the Streamliner again at about 265 mph and tumbled end over end when the parachute came out but did not open. Lost sight in left eye and suffered extensive brain damage.
1996 - Received the open Sportster back from Carl Morrow. Set a speed record in AG 1350 of 156 mph.
1997 - Freshened up the engine of the open Sportster and set a record of 164 mph.
2003 - Gave the open Sportster bike to Mickey Gooden and he has been setting records on it since.
2008 - Inducted into the Dry Lakes Racer's Hall of Fame.
Hobbies -
Currently Building an Autogiro. The Mariah Gale with Old Pal Jim Belland.
and is now licensed to fly a one off Experimental Auto-giro designed and created by the very talented Mark Givens. His home Airport is SMX( Santa Maria, CA..)
3122115694_66d9efb12d.jpg

Happy Birthday Snooky!
I love you and I am so glad you are in my life!!

Now Back to the boring News of this day in history...

1954 Guatemala US Backed Operation

8th July 1954 : The US backed Castillo Armas takes over as leader of Guatemala from the communist leader President Jacobo Arbenz Guzman , and was considered a successful covert operation against international communism by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) .

1960 Soviet Union Francis Gary Powers Charged

8th July 1960 : The US Pilot of a U-2 Spy Plane Francis Gary Powers is charged with espionage in a Soviet Union court. In August he was found guilty and sentenced to 10 years in prison but two years later he was exchanged for Soviet spy Rudolf Abel.

1964 Vances Sweetheart Ed was born July 20th! ;-P

1965 England Ronald Biggs Escapes

8th July 1965 : Ronald Biggs one of the Great Train Robbers serving a 30 year jail sentence for the the robbery in 1963 escapes from Wandsworth prison. Ronnie Biggs went to Brazil where authorities could not extradite him, but came back to Britain in 2001 and was immediately taken to a top-security prison to serve the remaining 28 years of his sentence.

1966 U.S.A. Teamsters Union James R Hoffa

8th July 1966 : The Teamsters Union elects James R Hoffa for a further 5 years as president of the union despite the possibility that he will be in jail before the end of his term of office.

1971 Northern Ireland Rioting

8th July 1971 : The rioting is continuing in Londonderry with the latest rioting increasing following the use of nail bombs by rioters causing the British army to use live ammunition and firing on rioters and killing two.

1987 U.S.A. Oliver North

8th July 1987 : Oliver North has broken 10 months of silence concerning the Iran contra affair when he testified before the house senate committee investigating the Iran Arms Sale, that all his orders came from senior members of the white house staff including orders to shred documents and to prepare false statements. 1987

1987 India Sikh Terrorist Attacks

8th July 1987 : Following Sikh terrorist attacks on Hindu bus passengers which left 72 dead, the Indian army has banned public meetings hoping to stop the backlash by Hindu's on Sikh's in the city of Chandigarh.

1996 England School Machete Attack

8th July 1996 : A man wielding a machete attacks 3 very young children ( 3 and 4 yrs old ) and 4 parents and staff at a kindergarten in Wolverhampton.

1997 Europe Flooding

8th July 1997 : Following torrential rains causing rivers including the Rhine and Oder to overflow with 40% of the population from Poland and the Czech Republic experiencing flood conditions due to many of the levees failing causing mass flooding to villages and towns in Europe.

1999 U.S.A. Dollar Continues To Climb

8th July 1999 : Following the increase in US interest rates the dollar hits new highs of:
$1.56 to the Pound
$1.0149 to the Euro
Oil is trading at close to $25.00 a barrel
US consumer price Inflation Rate index (CPI) 2.1%
US Interest Rates 5.25% To put this in perspective 9 years later in 2008
$1.96 to the Pound
$1.57 to the Euro
US consumer price Inflation Rate index (CPI) 4.5%
US Interest Rates 2.50% Oil is trading at $145.00 a barrel

Mexico
2006 Mexico Luis Echeverria Cleared of charges of genocide

8th July 2006 : The ex-president of Mexico, Luis Echeverria was cleared of charges of genocide. A judge ruled that the case had reached beyond the statute of limitations in Mexico and Echeverria was released from house arrest. The charges come from an incident in 1968 in which some 300 students were killed as troops fired on them during a protest at Tlatelolco Square in Mexico City. Echeverria was the interior minister at the time and it is alleged that he gave the orders to shoot the protesters.

Bangladesh
2007 Bangladesh Bangladesh - India Train

8th July 2007 : After 42 years, direct passenger train journeys are resumed between Bangladesh and India. The train carried government officials from India for the first time since 1965 when the train link was closed after the Indo-Pakistan war began.

2008 U.S.A. Gas Prices Reach New Highs

8th July 2008 : Gas prices around the US hit new highs as the demand for oil increases and the price of a barrel of oil reaches new highs resulting in much higher gas prices, the price of a gallon of gas ranges between $4.20 and $4.85 in different states.

This Day In History For Tomorrow July 9th Day After July 10th Or You Can Use Our Calendar at the top of the page to find the day or month you are looking for

U.S.A. / South Korea
2009 U.S.A. / South Korea Cyber Attacks

8th July 2009 : Government websites in both the United States and South Korea faced cyber attack attempts on this day. The United States was able to ward off most attacks, while South Korea was unable to. The attacks were believed to be carried out by North Korea, or North Korean sympathizers. These attacks highlighted the growing importance web security played in protecting government agencies and national intelligence.

Congratulations, Vance! You made it one more time around the sun and in the meantime you've accomplished a lot of things. I wish you many more circuits and may you reach the goals that you set yourself. In short: happy birthday!!!!

-- Chris.

Have a great birthday Vance!
Enjoy!

I knew there was a reason I liked you! You are a fellow Moonchild! :party:Yaaaaayyyyyy. Wishing you a very happy birthday Vance. And a lot more to follow :)

Happy Birthday Vance. You have 8 days more then me in this world.Now I know why I can relate to your postings so well even though we are in different countries. Ed your post was very informitive, Thankyou. Trust you both had a great day celebrating. Cheers Des Garvin. :first::angel:

Happy Birthday Vance!

Happy Birthday Vance!

Vance

Count your life by smiles, not tears.
Count your age by friends, not years.

By these standards you are the best!

Harold

Vance my birthday is the 14th, I feel your pain. Let's vow to fly more, work less.
Happy Birthday, I wish you and Ed all the best.
Russ