New instructor in SE Michigan

Skywarrior771

Rotorcraft Pro, CFI
Aircraft
B8M, RAF, Xenon, Calidus, Guimbal G2 Cabri, various fixed wing.
Total Flight Time
8500+
I have been a lurker on this board for years, usually just eating my popcorn and watching the sparks fly. I have just completed adding my CFI gyro, (Full, not sport pilot) and I am offering my services in and around Michigan and Northern Indiana and Ohio for instruction and flight reviews in customer aircraft. I have experience in Calidus, Xenon, and RAF variants, but I will only do flight reviews in RAF's, not primary instruction, as I don't feel as I am ready to take on that challenge quite yet. I am currently looking at redoing an RAF as a Sparrowhawk now that I seem to be able to get those parts again and in which case I intend to offer training when all the paperwork is in order. I am also an A&P, and I am willing to do condition inspections on experimental aircraft as the need arises. This is not my primary job, as I am normally outside the US flying for the government, so early scheduling is best. I should be back in Michigan for January. E-mail is the best contact, and I can be reached at [email protected].

Welcome Matthew!

Your services are needed.

I hope you will write about your adventures so we all can learn.

Hello Matt:
Welcome.
I am also in southeast Michigan and have an AR-1 based at KOZW.
Look forward to meeting you.
George

Hi George, I am also based out of Howell and Brighton, we met once before on the road in front of your hanger and spoke for a few minutes after I saw you come back from a flight. I think that my Gyro will be based in Brighton.

Matt

Thanks Vance, I will do my best to add to the discussion but I have to steer clear of certain personality types. I am fully well aware that there are limitations to my knowledge and skillset. Sometimes it is best not to engage.

Skywarrior771;n1140665 said:
Hi George, I am also based out of Howell and Brighton, we met once before on the road in front of your hanger and spoke for a few minutes after I saw you come back from a flight. I think that my Gyro will be based in Brighton.

Matt

Matt:
I remember. We were talking through the fence for a while. If I recall correctly, you mentioned something about owing or flying a Huey.( I may be totally wrong about that)
Hopefully we can get together with our machines at some point. I have a friend who also has an AR-1 down at 1D2.
George

Yep, That was me. I don't have the helicopter now, my partner and I managed to sell it. I don't think I will ever be able to give up helicopters completely, but for now I am not flying one.

I tried reaching Matt but my email got kicked back. I'm in SE Michigan looking to get my review done. I'm rated for a two place but fly a single place. Any help locating someone close by would be great. I'd drive 4-5 hours as well. Thanks,
Scott

Hope to see you are the party in Mentone

David, are you talking to me? Do you give flight reviews?
Thanks,
Scott

I tried reaching Matt but my email got kicked back. I'm in SE Michigan looking to get my review done. I'm rated for a two place but fly a single place. Any help locating someone close by would be great. I'd drive 4-5 hours as well. Thanks,
Scott
Good morning Scott, if you are still looking for a flight review there is a freshly minted CFI (Daniel) at Racine Sport Flyers in Racine, WI flying an ELA that could take care of your flight review. (414)758-0759.

Attachments

• IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0432.JPG
    IMG_0432.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 8
Hey all, sorry I have been a bit absent, but something came up in the cards and I have relocated to take a new position out in a suburb of Portland Oregon. I have become the Director of Training for a flight school out here and it appears the move will be permanent. We offer training currently in airplanes , helicopters, and I hope soon gyroplanes. I am just about to apply for a LODA for my RAF, but I am looking for other aircraft that we might add to the inventory. Check us out at www.flyprecision.com.

Hey all, sorry I have been a bit absent, but something came up in the cards and I have relocated to take a new position out in a suburb of Portland Oregon. I have become the Director of Training for a flight school out here and it appears the move will be permanent. We offer training currently in airplanes , helicopters, and I hope soon gyroplanes. I am just about to apply for a LODA for my RAF, but I am looking for other aircraft that we might add to the inventory. Check us out at www.flyprecision.com.

Consider an AR-1. It makes a fairly good trainer. We need dealers out there

I have spoken with Jim, and I am working towards helping him out in that arena, especially as his new machine enters production.