Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autogyro Flight Physics. (text in German)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autogyro Flight Physics. (text in German)

Surfing the internet, I've just discovered a book on the flight physics of the autogyro that I'm sure will be very interesting for those members of the RWF who can read German. This is an exceptional book... In 'normal' languages (say, apart from Russian or Chinese...) and so far as I know, no similar books have been ever published...
    Last edited by XXavier; 07-06-2017, 10:12 AM.

Thank you for posting this information, Javier, the book looks very promising and we have seen several interesting papers by Holger Duda over the last years.
    I have changed your header line, to make it easier for others to find your tip. Please let me know if you would like something different.
    Cheers,

Juergen

..Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte..
    ....non quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter,...
    ...mais quand il n'y a plus rien à retrancher...
    - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry -

Comment

Originally posted by kolibri282 View Post
      Thank you for posting this information, Javier, the book looks very promising and we have seen several interesting papers by Holger Duda over the last years.
      I have changed your header line, to make it easier for others to find your tip. Please let me know if you would like something different.
      The change is OK, thanks...
      After all, it's not that rare that the only book on the flight physics of the ('modern') autogyro is written in German, since most factory-built autogyros are made in Germany...

Comment

I had the privilege of consulting with Jörg and Holger on this book. It fills the missing link between hand waving explanations without any quantitative content and complicated scientific papers that few can understand. It covers most of the topics at a level that someone versed in highschool math can follow along. The subject matter applies, of course, to all Bensen-style autogyros but the practical examples are geared toward the almost ubiquitous MTOSport. They can, however, be easily adapted to suit any type of gyrocopter.

The only downside is that it is only available in German. And I don't know whether the market would support expenses to have it translated and published in English.

-- Chris.
        Read about my trip across the USA in an MT03 gyro here.

Comment

I received the book today... The text is easy to follow, if it's also true that the complexity level is a bit higher that I anticipated. I'm sure it's going to sell very well in German-speaking countries. Besides, it will find readers elsewhere among people interested in the present-day light autogyro. (The book is written with the MTO Sport in mind). In most countries, German is not, however, too common as a second language, and that's a limiting factor...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Javier, personally I am very interested in autogyro flight dynamics and would like to know how static and dynamic flight stability is covered. It would be great if you could write a little review, once you've finished the book!
            Last edited by kolibri282; 07-18-2017, 12:55 PM.
            Cheers,

Juergen

Comment

Originally posted by kolibri282 View Post
              Thanks for the feedback, Javier, personally I am very interested in autogyro flight dynamics and would like to know how static and dynamic flight stability is covered. It would be great if you could write a little review, once you finished the book!
              The book devotes ten pages to flight stability. To reproduce all of them here seems a bit too much, but if you let me know your e-mail address by PM, I can send you the relevant scans...

Comment

PRA would like a copy.
                JohnRountree @msn.com no spaces.
                Resistance is futile…… You will be compiled!
                Cheers,
                John Rountree

PRA- Director
                PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - Vice President of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
                http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.
                See: Aviomania USA http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

Comment

" Flugphysik der Tragschrauber " gives results on eBay and Amazon.

It is available at Amazon in a Kindle version that the Kindle "May" be able to translate into something resembling English.
                  Auto translations are sometimes a challenge, especially in technical papers. If you keep an open mind it might be readable.

Comment

The capabilities of Googl Translate have advanced dramatically (see my post #47 in this thread: https://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/eq...s-fa-330/page4) so you'll probably get a pretty decent translation. If you feel uncertain please feel free to post the relevant section (and the translation) here and I'll try to clarify things for you (time permitting...;-)
                    Cheers,

Juergen

Comment

Working...
                    X