So far so good! DAR transition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far so good! DAR transition

I hinted that big changes were coming to the FAA, they have started.

I just received my DAR renewal. I now answer to a computer somewhere in the FAA. It seems like they are having machines manage DARs from now on.

I will learn more as I go along. The good news is that I am still a Designee.
    Tom Milton, PRA Director, Need a DAR, Seat tank, Prerotator, Rotor Brake, or Rotor Tach?
    Have Airworthiness Certification questions?
    gyroplanes@aol.com or
    Visit www.calumetair.com

I just received an electronic notice, from the FAA, not to issue an airworthiness certificate for a particular gyro on the East Coast. The subject gyro was "blackballed" by an inspector, with a list of items that failed the inspection for certification.
    Notifications like this are how the FAA keeps applicants from "shopping" for an airworthiness with different DARs. The applicant can still get their aircraft certified by correcting the discrepancies (they could all be paperwork?) Good luck to the applicant!
    Tom Milton, PRA Director, Need a DAR, Seat tank, Prerotator, Rotor Brake, or Rotor Tach?
    gyroplanes@aol.com or
    Visit www.calumetair.com

Comment

Thanks Tom ! (who is it ?) shhhhh !
      Happy Flying, Chris S.

Comment

Congrats Tom!! Glad to hear you're still in the game!! Let me know when you're gonna be in the NC area!!

Barry
        BarryK

Comment

Originally posted by CLS447 View Post
          Thanks Tom ! (who is it ?) shhhhh !
          Someone trying to bring in a Eurogyro and probably having paperwork problems. Some folks see Eurogyros for sale and assume they can buy them like a Cessna, not so today. I was just making a comment as all I know is the applicant was rejected for "discrepancies" ?

gyroplanes@aol.com or
          Visit www.calumetair.com

Comment

Originally posted by ultracruiser41 View Post
            Congrats Tom!! Glad to hear you're still in the game!! Let me know when you're gonna be in the NC area!!

Barry
            Going through complicated and busy times right now. Explanation coming soon.............. all good!
            gyroplanes@aol.com or
            Visit www.calumetair.com

Comment

Working...
            X