Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One time offer

Will make this one time offer as follows

Have a brand new "goped" type engine that I bought a couple of years ago, never installed or run (small crack in plastic muffler cover) with reduction gear box and ROPE START OR ELECTRIC START. Biggest problem I find is I cannot find how to mount it, no extra bolt holes or bosses, just the bolts for the gear box with the centrifugal clutch. But where there is a will there is a way. This must have run a gas powered drill or such where you held onto the tool.

Here's the pitch !!

If you are a PRA chapter or club and have a gyroglider with a rudder and a HS and are active in training and would like to make the glider rotor capable of pre-rotation like JENS shows in post #32 but use a Goped type engine, I will give your chapter/club this engine, I think It is worth about $200 but it will be NO CHARGE , you just have to design it and install for good use in promoting gyros

First come First gets it that meets the qualifications

Tony

Nice deal, but don't worry about having a HS on a towed gyroglider. It will have no effect, since the thrust of the towline is a couple orders of magnitude larger than the forces generated by a HS at 35 or so mph.

Comment

Hi Doug

Your quite right about the HS and the tow rope, I was just thinking about the value of the HS during the "cut loose". Probably very little but might help to give a "feel".

Tony

Comment

Tony,

Very generous offer and since I am building a Gyro Glider and plan to put a pre-rotator on it, I was sorely tempted to take you up on it. However I want my Gyro Glider to first and foremost be a trainer for people who want to fly a Butterfly Ultralight and since I want it to be as close to what they will transition into as possible, I am going to stay with an electric pre-rotator. But I am sure someone will take you up on this offer. Again that is very kind of you. Best of luck to whoever decides to take on this project.
        Doug Barker - Layton, Utah
        PRA 2 Chapter Pres.

Comment

I was thinking that I probably has a use for this engine, but after I check, I can't not used this type of engine.
          Last edited by KM500; 10-26-2016, 07:51 PM. Reason: I was confuse on type of engine

Comment

NOTICE
            This thread is 6 years old. Tony has passed away as well.
            Tom
            Tom Milton, PRA Director, Need a DAR, Seat tank, Prerotator, Rotor Brake, or Rotor Tach?
            Have Airworthiness Certification questions?
            gyroplanes@aol.com or
            Visit www.calumetair.com

Comment

Working...
            X