Help me decide on interior color

rdalcanto

I'm going to order a Magni M24 (you can see my review in the Magni forum). The big question is white or black for all the plastic in the interior. The black looks better, and hides dirt better, but will it be much hotter in the summer? Heat is already an issue with enclosed gyros. If flying with two people, most of the black is blocked. Flying alone, I could find a way to have white fabric covering all the black on the passenger side.... On the pictures of the white interior, you can see black marks from the shoes to the left of the rudder pedals. I just don't know how easy the white is to clean....

Y0xrFQI0QYm+PB2wVW1CJA.jpgFec4ASORS5G33zOCDxBV8w.jpg

Attachments

• z+zo0Im2QfWx9S6fmE88jw.jpg
    z+zo0Im2QfWx9S6fmE88jw.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1
  • u5ipsw6ATNuzRDVlS6tIYw.jpg
    u5ipsw6ATNuzRDVlS6tIYw.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1
  • white:black magni.jpg
    white:black magni.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Zb0UVf9zSrqGYA3vZxTjtQ.jpg
    Zb0UVf9zSrqGYA3vZxTjtQ.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1
I've had the M24 in both light and dark interiors. The black is my easy choice. The light interior is very difficult to look after. The black looks smart and I couldn't tell any difference in temperature. It's hot regardless in the summer on the ground in Australia :)

Thanks Jeff. Are the "A" pillars between the windshield and window more noticeable in black? It look like the light color almost becomes invisible and blends in with the view of the outside.

I like lighter colors on my aircraft seats as they get really hot if in the sun.

You Lucky Dog ! That is a sharp looking SxS ! Keep us posted & take me for a ride, Please !

I recommend using a dark color, why you ask well if you use a light color on sunny days the reflexion will go on your windshield and cut your visibility a lot but dark colors don't do that.

Your getting a Magni Gyro Grats one more time.

FRANK'S;n1133459 said:
I recommend using a dark color, why you ask well if you use a light color on sunny days the reflexion will go on your windshield and cut your visibility a lot but dark colors don't do that.

^^ This is the correct answer.

Black. Congrats on your pending order. Will you be doing the "Magni Experience" in Italy?

The tan cloth that you actually sit on is the same for both interior options, so temperature difference is not an issue in this case. We recently have black interior with a light grey cloth which looks really nice too.
The pillar design in the M24 is one of the best available for visibility and I've not noticed any difference between them. It was very frustrating looking after the light interior, always getting scuff marks and then trying to remove them. Only black for me! :)

Yes, I will be building at the factory in Italy! My parents immigrated from Italy before I was born, and I spent my summers growing up there. I have an aunt and uncle, and cousin, in Milan, who I haven't seen in a while. It will be nice to build my gyro and see my family when I go in September.

rdalcanto;n1133491 said:
Yes, I will be building at the factory in Italy! My parents immigrated from Italy before I was born, and I spent my summers growing up there. I have an aunt and uncle, and cousin, in Milan, who I haven't seen in a while. It will be nice to build my gyro and see my family when I go in September.
You're living the good life. Congrats.