Adventures of a Gyro Gopher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures of a Gyro Gopher

I've been doing quite a few ferry flights and I love to do it. So far I have ferried:

* The first type-certified Calidus from MD to Denver CO
    * Another kit-built 912 Calidus from MD to Austin TX
    * A Titanium Explorer from Fort Worth TX to Hammond LA
    * An ELA Eclipse from Sebring FL to Fort Worth TX (just did this one last week...it was a blast)

And later this week will be ferrying that same Titanium from Hammond LA 600 miles north to northern Kansas.

My own trip in my MTO from Austin TX -> Los Angeles -> San Francisco and back doesn't count, I did that as an adventure trip of my own. But suffice it to say I love cross-country. (Especially west of Texas.)

When I ferry, I do it for free...I just ask my expenses to be reimbursed. (Hotels, meals, plane tickets, and fuel for the gyro.)

So if you're buying a machine from someone and are wondering how you're going to get it home, email me at jnagle@gyozagames.com and we'll see what we can work out!

-John

Awesome !!
    I'll bet the Eclipse was an outstanding machine.
    If I wasn't so tight I would buy one, they are Beautiful to me.
    Life,The leading cause of Death

Live and Learn--OR--Die and be an example

Comment

How does the Calidus compare to the Eclipse?

Comment

I've met John before and seen how he flies. I'd have no hesitation letting him fly my gyro.

I will also move gyros. I do charge and prefer the new owner comes along for some flight training.

Comment

Originally posted by gyrojake View Post
          Awesome !!
          I'll bet the Eclipse was an outstanding machine.
          If I wasn't so tight I would buy one, they are Beautiful to me.

It was really nice...and yeah, the curb appeal is undeniable. This one could still use a *llittle* balancing and refinement, but it was overall quite fun to fly. The prerotator is fantastic. It spins up to 300 rpm, and it gets there quickly. Stop being a cheapskate and buy one Jake, you can't take it with you! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DavePA11 View Post
            How does the Calidus compare to the Eclipse?

It is more stable for sure. Not quite sure if it's faster, but probably a little bit faster anyway. You can't fly the Calidus feet on the floor, but the ELA could be trimmed to fly hands/feet free.

But I do like the Calidus also, just not for long trips. It's a back-breaker.

-John

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
              I've met John before and seen how he flies. I'd have no hesitation letting him fly my gyro.

I will also move gyros. I do charge and prefer the new owner comes along for some flight training.

Thanks Chris, I appreciate that...and yes, if someone wants to do the training and ride along, I definitely advise going with an instructor instead. I mean, the owner is welcome to come with me as well, but they will be flying in the rear seat, probably not what they want.

-John

Comment

Working...
              X