A new direction

No Title

The op amp comparator works great for your project.
The receivers I have are complete for A.S.K demodulation, with a square wave output to compensate for the eccentricity of the ring gear for the digital tachs.
There are less components needed to convert square to sine.
I did not want to add a new receiver so I made a small converter and use duty cycle instead of constant D.C.
The tachs I use Like the RoTax engine tach only use A.C. no D.C.
Your approach is eloquent and would also work as a converter, but many more components.
Your technique is perfect for your application.
I will post a vid of the analog tach later today.
This is all I need for a converter.

Attachments

• photo129576.gif
    photo129576.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
No Title

Jean Claude;n1131777 said:
The problem of digital signage comes from our brain, and not from the electronic low speed. Thus, today's fast technology will not improve it.
Your wireless transmitter powered by the gearwheel as an alternator is a good thing.

Why not a DC current? My simplistic schema.:

This passive circuit will do the same thing as your active circuit and connect directly to the output of the Hall effect transistor

Attachments

• photo129577.jpg
    photo129577.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
gyrojake;n1131790 said:
This passive circuit will do the same thing as your active circuit and connect directly to the output of the Hall effect transistor

Unfortunately no, Jake. I believe that the output voltage of your circuit is not proportional to the frequency, nor that the output current reaches 40 mA for 10 volt as I need.

Last edited:
Jake, have you keyed up a mic in proximity of the receiver? Just something to test. I had my antenna mounted on the front/top of my pod and when I keyed the mic, parts of my MGL E-1 gauge would freak out. I moved the antenna to the keel just in front of the rudder and eliminated the problem..

AirCommandPilot;n1131820 said:
Jake, have you keyed up a mic in proximity of the receiver? Just something to test. I had my antenna mounted on the front/top of my pod and when I keyed the mic, parts of my MGL E-1 gauge would freak out. I moved the antenna to the keel just in front of the rudder and eliminated the problem..

Thanks Bobby,
Yes I have.
There is a notch filter on the front end that excludes the Air band.
The electronics are also shielded in an aluminum box that is grounded.

I'm a High tech auto technician, I'm the guy you go see with check-engine lights that no one can find the problem
I have a snap-on Oscilloscope and use it about 2 times a week and scanner 60 times a week

and I read all what you guys are writing about and understood 1/2 of it so your making a very intelligent guy fell Dumb thank you very much :)
I will put my tail between my legs and bow to you guys. wow

FRANK The RedNeck Mechanic

FRANK'S;n1131847 said:
I'm a High tech auto technician, I'm the guy you go see with check-engine lights that no one can find the problem
I have a snap-on Oscilloscope and use it about 2 times a week and scanner 60 times a week

and I read all what you guys are writing about and understood 1/2 of it so your making a very intelligent guy fell Dumb thank you very much :)
I will put my tail between my legs and bow to you guys. wow

FRANK The RedNeck Mechanic

Don't let it bother you Brother.
I don't understand this stuff either !!
People think I'm a High Tech Redneck, but I'm just a dimwit Flatbilly havin fun.
I just burn one, drink a beer and BAM the Gods of magic lead me. :)
Crap, I'm lucky to find the off and on switch.
So, wag your tail with pride and be proud of your talents.
I Know my stuff works, so I don't give a crap about the majestic few and their thoughts.

No I'm not felling Bad I was giving you guys compliments.
compliments with respect ... it's my way of saying Good Job.