Meanwhile in the UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile in the UK

I moved back to the UK three years ago, I still keep up with the Gyro scene but it is very muted here as we do not have the same freedoms as the USA. What we do have though is a CAA commercially approved Gyrocopter in the guise of the Cavalon Pro, a major achievement given the intransigence of the CAA. That said however if you actually want information about the Cavalon or any of its siblings in the UK then good luck to you as the agent has a completely unusable website, there is no excuse for that in this day and age, I am a web developer and it totally amazes me how an industry that depends of technical development is so backwards when it comes to technology. The flight training over here is equally badly served in that respect as well.

The only other thing of note seems to be the continued Pal-V saga, always a year away and even more expensive, if any of their investors really think they are likely to see a return then they are dreaming but I guess they are so financially committed now that they feel obligated to keep plowing funds in on the basis that there is a faint chance it will actually realise something one day. They do have a good website though.

So as far as two place enclosed machines we are left with the Magni M24 as the only accessible machine, a capable machine represented by an agent who seems at least mildly interested in selling them, while only licensed for Sport Aviation it is at least possible to get some info on the Magni range in the UK which perhaps explains their popularity.

One of these days I may even find time to get licensed myself. I hope everyone is keeping well here.

Muted - did you attend Old Warden last Friday - BRA fly in - 47 gyros flew in, a UK personal best.

Rotorsport the UK agents for Auto-Gyro recently moved to large new premises at Halfpenny Green ( Wolverhampton ) - they had an open day about a month ago - 25 gyros flew in - plus they brought over specially from Germany an example of the new 2017 revised MTOsport.

Rotorsport relaunced themselves as Auto-Gyro UK a week or two ago - their new website is imminent.

Here's their Facebook page with news

https://www.facebook.com/AutoGyro.uk/

They registered the 63rd example of the MTOsport in the UK last month.

Plenty going on here.

Comment

There is something going on but it is still no excuse for poor information sources, don't get upset when someone says it like it is. One fly in does not make a summer.

Comment

Ian calm down, give them a ring and order your gyro toda - 01384 221775

You've made a few erors in your opening message, replies below

""I moved back to the UK three years ago, I still keep up with the Gyro scene but it is very muted here as we do not have the same freedoms as the USA. ""

I'd suggest the gyro scene in the UK is not muted, in fact the last ten years have seen tremendous growth after the doldrums of the fatal 80/90s - I'll post some figures a little latter

""What we do have though is a CAA commercially approved Gyrocopter in the guise of the Cavalon Pro, a major achievement given the intransigence of the CAA. ""

Not really - Rotorsport ( the UK agent for Auto-Gyro ) worked very closely with the UK CAA to get the Cavalon PRO accepted as a TYpe Certified gyro - the first TC gyro in the UK for an eon. The UK CAA and Rotorsport should be applauded for this.

""That said however if you actually want information about the Cavalon or any of its siblings in the UK then good luck to you as the agent has a completely unusable website, there is no excuse for that in this day and age, I am a web developer and it totally amazes me how an industry that depends of technical development is so backwards when it comes to technology. ""

How about picking up a telephone - easy just dial 01384 221775 - and whilre you're talking to them ask them about their website and tell them you're not happy .Fly or drive up to HPG and go meet them - I was there a couple a weeks back and they had approx 8 gyros to look at.

"The flight training over here is equally badly served in that respect as well."

What are you talking about - a 10 second google search brings up half a dozen or more options - just google "gyrocopter training uk" - training all over the UK, has it ever been better.

""The only other thing of note seems to be the continued Pal-V saga, always a year away and even more expensive, if any of their investors really think they are likely to see a return then they are dreaming but I guess they are so financially committed now that they feel obligated to keep plowing funds in on the basis that there is a faint chance it will actually realise something one day. They do have a good website though.""

The PAL-V is a Dutch product not UK. Great website but yet to deliver a gyrocopter.

""So as far as two place enclosed machines we are left with the Magni M24 as the only accessible machine, a capable machine represented by an agent who seems at least mildly interested in selling them, while only licensed for Sport Aviation it is at least possible to get some info on the Magni range in the UK which perhaps explains their popularity.""

No - Absolute rubbishwhat are you talking about - you can choose from the M24 or the Cavalon if you want a SxS enclosed gyro - or you can consider the Calidus if you want a tandem enclosed gyro - the Magni products are quality products but you do undrstand they are outsold by Auto-Gyro by a significant factor. Ask your Magni dealer for the latest on the M22 - one arrived here two years ago and is still yet to be Type Approved or registered.

""One of these days I may even find time to get licensed myself. I hope everyone is keeping well here.""

Good luck with your training and purchase

Some basic UK stats for you

Currently registered on the UK CAA register as at 14-6-17

Cavalon - 21
        Cavalon Pro - 3

Calidus - 28

MTOsport - 55
        MT-03 - 42

M16 - 29
        M24 - 20

Regards

Comment

I obviously touched an exposed nerve.

Comment

Not at all.

Your original post had many discrepancies.

Comment

Working...
            X