And now, for my next trick!

AirCommandPilot

Just a fledgeling
Aircraft
Air Command Elite #003
Total Flight Time
After installing the EA82 and finding out the gear ratio on the PSRU isn't right, (unless I swing a 90" prop). I've started collecting the items I need to put an EJ22 on the Air Command. Right now, I'm needing to find an ECU that will control the spark and fuel injection. Anyone??
I've got an engine, PSRU, and Prop.
I'm lucky our airport is down right now and I can't fly anyway. Time to do some building. I guess the EA82 is for sale again.

Update. The first salvaged engine I got had a hole from the cylinder to the water jacket. I took it back and got another one, but paid a few more dollars to keep the first one for parts. I broke the second one down and found it to have a bad rod bearing.
So I purchased a gasket set, new bearings, and a few misc engine parts and accessories. I'll take the best parts from both of these engines and make one good one. I'm not a novice at engine rebuilds, but this will be my first EJ22. I've been doing loads of research on best practices and things to look out for while building these engines. It looks to be a non issue. At least now i'll have an engine that I know inside and out!.
I also purchased a "Micro Squirt" (smaller lighter version of the Mega Squirt) system to run the electronics on the engine. I'll be able to monitor and program every aspect of the ignition and fuel injectors. This will be a huge learning experience for me.

Bobby, while building this engine remember how the EJ22 is notorious for trapping air at the thermostat. Most of the time drilling 4 each 1/8" holes around the edge of the thermostat will allow the trapped air to bubble through and let the water circulate. I have several extra EJ22 parts, let me know if you need anything, I might have one.

richardkennedy;n1121931 said:
Bobby, while building this engine remember how the EJ22 is notorious for trapping air at the thermostat. Most of the time drilling 4 each 1/8" holes around the edge of the thermostat will allow the trapped air to bubble through and let the water circulate. I have several extra EJ22 parts, let me know if you need anything, I might have one.

Yes, This is a problem among many engines. I will be drilling a few small holes.