New Awards the Marion Springer & Chuck Beaty Awards

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
3 new awards will be presented, besides the new judging awards I told you about for historical home built kits, at our fly-in convention banquet dinner 8/3/2018 Mentone In.

I can tell you two of the names but if I tell you the third it would give away the winner.

These two are both legends in their own time.
-----
The Chuck Beaty Engineering Award with a $1,000 prize for NEW innovation in safety or design. This will not be given out each year unless it truly different and new.
-----
The Marion Springer "Queen of Gyros" award. Here is what they said about her at the 2003 Hofstra conference:
Marion Springer has been an influential force in the American gyrocopter movement for almost four decades. An early pilot of the Bensen Gyrocopter, Marion, along with her late husband Al, known as Doc, innovated the use of plastic for fuselage construction; but her lasting contributions are as the first woman Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) and as an autogyro journalist widely read for her knowledge and emphasis on safe flying. She and Doc also were featured as the pilots of their gyrocopters in the 1982 film The Great Skycopter Rescue. Blazing new paths for women in this world of autorotation, Marion Springer has been the most significant woman gyroplane pilot since Amelia Earhart in 1931 and is truly a modern Gyroplane Pioneer.
----
To discover the 3rd award you will have to come to our national convention 7/31-8/4 2018 Mentone In Airport (C92)

Sorry Chuck about the spelling. Dyslexic people should not be allowed to communicate in writing.

JEFF TIPTON;n1132665 said:
But John, it makes for interesting reading!

Hahahaha, Yeah when i figure out what I wrote it makes me laugh too.

I guess Mentone is a big secret this year. I went to PRA.org. Not single thing. You'd think it would be all over the landing page, but nope. So I checked the "EVENTS CALENDAR" button. It takes you to a blank calendar without a single event listed for June, July, or August. Really? I mean, REALLY? Not single event listed that shows up. I have received updates in the email, but I wanted to see if I could find it on the web. Google turned up zip, nada, zippo zilch. I came on here and had to do a frikkin keyword special search to turn up what little there is on this forum about it. Guess I won't bother coming again this year, i mean why bother? Who else is going to show up if no one can find any news on it anywhere one would logically bump into random info on the event just 5-6 weeks prior to the event? Un-bee-lee-vable. Or not. As we say in old Shanghai: "Rots o ruck, fellas".

NoWingsAttached;n1134813 said:
I guess Mentone is a big secret this year. I went to PRA.org. Not single thing. You'd think it would be all over the landing page, but nope. So I checked the "EVENTS CALENDAR" button. It takes you to a blank calendar without a single event listed for June, July, or August. Really? I mean, REALLY? Not single event listed that shows up. I have received updates in the email, but I wanted to see if I could find it on the web. Google turned up zip, nada, zippo zilch. I came on here and had to do a frikkin keyword special search to turn up what little there is on this forum about it. Guess I won't bother coming again this year, i mean why bother? Who else is going to show up if no one can find any news on it anywhere one would logically bump into random info on the event just 5-6 weeks prior to the event? Un-bee-lee-vable. Or not. As we say in old Shanghai: "Rots o ruck, fellas".

I went to the PRA website and the convention was on the first page.http://pra.org/

'Spell check' is easy to use. Some incorrect spelling on the PRA site.
Brian

Hey no wings
you shouldn’t throw stones in a glass house. I searched Mohawk aero on google and every link in google points to a broken site. So I went to your profile and found the same link to a broken site. It must be tough to try to sell parts when a buyer can’t even get to your site to see prices or enter a credit card. At least the PRA has a page that opens.

i guess your whiz bang parts are also a big secret

Vance;n1134815 said:
I went to the PRA website and the convention was on the first page.http://pra.org/

Same here!
There are 3 Links related to the Fly-In on the home page if you make the effort to scroll down a little.
Not counting a clearly labeled "Fly-In/Convention" Link in the middle of the Blue menu bar on the left

I think we are being Trolled!

I don't view complaints personally only a chance to do a better job as I know I'm trying the best I can and that is all I can do. More like friends eyes helping me do a better job for us all.
Not sure how or where to create more links. But Greg was helpful. There was no calendar event for this year and now there is. Thank you Greg!!!
I have many posts on Facebook pages most on our forums know about it so not as often here.

Also I have dyslexia and the crappy HTML editor we paid a programmer to write as no spell check. So I will NEVER see my spelling errors and if you only give me a page that is no help. I need the word as it's is spelled wrong to use a text search to find it. So all help there is REALLY appreciated. I need your understanding and help with this handicap I SUCK at writing.

Last edited:
All_In;n1134973 said:
I don't view complaints personally only a chance to do a better job as I know I'm trying the best I can and that is all I can do. More like friends eyes helping me do a better job for us all.
Not sure how or where to create more links. But Greg was helpful. There was no calendar event for this year and now there is. Thank you Greg!!!
I have many posts on Facebook pages most on our forums know about it so not as often here.

Also I have dyslexia and the crappy HTML editor we paid a programmer to write as no spell check. So I will NEVER see my spelling errors and if you only give me a page that is no help. I need the word as it's is spelled wrong to use a text search to find it. So all help there is REALLY appreciated. I need your understanding and help with this handicap I SUCK at writing.

I didn't look on the PRA FB group, just went to the website.

John: You totally get me. Thank you, brother. I know I am the world's worst diplomat, totally tactless and abrasive, often misunderstood. Throw in a gallon of vinegar bias a-al folks like Mr. Breeze, et.al, and there ya go. John, maybe You SUCK at writing, maybe you don't, but I am sure we can all agree I SUCK at PR. You, on the other hand, are the best! People who KNOW me, whether they like or hate me, all agree: GERG NEEDS A PUBLICIST! Ya, ya, vee knowww. I was not attacking, I was just irritated that I couldn't find the damn info when I was planning my pilgrimage to Oshkosh to meet up with some of my FW customers who are showing off my awesome YAMAHA APEX 150-165HP YG4i equipment there this year for me. (MAC is the only vendor selling APEX 150-165HP Yamaha conversion kits. We have been doing it since early 2017. It is our most successful line of products at this time and we continue to add new options and testing.)

NOW HEAR THIS: For all those who didn't know before, the MohawkAeroCraft.com site was hacked along with Sunstate, Peachstate, and some 100 other sites kept on the same server. Webmeister Jon was totally swamped, he was halfway across the continent instructing new students and TangoGyro Yamaha customers, and couldn't get us backup and running immediately. I went ahead and did a new domain name, and fired up a new site in my spare (really no such thing) time. When Jon got to my web stuff he did a bounce page and since then ALL MOHAWK AERO CRAFT TRAFFIC successfully routes to the new web store, where I have been adding my own products, as well as other Yamaha conversion products fabricated by other shops. In the interim, the EMAIL was OK most of the time, though there were some short bumps along the way that never lasted more than a few hours at a time.

The new site is far from finished, but I've fleshed out some basics recently. Take a look, let me know what you think, improvements to make, products to add. You will be able to purchase Skytrax adapters through the site in the next couple of days, and hoping to get the Paypal buttons up and running. I still don't do credit cards, only PP and chk.

A VERY interesting addition this month is the Simonini C gearbox we just received from the folks in Italy, via my partner in Russia. I should be able to get those photos and shopping mall links up this week as well. This is the answer to replace the diminishing supply of Rotax C gearboxes that so many people want to run. I've finished both the RX1 and the APEX YG4 adapters for it, next up is the YG3 adapters that fit motors taken from Vector carbbed and Nytro EFI sleds.

HighAltitude;n1134823 said:
Hey no wings
you shouldn’t throw stones in a glass house. I searched Mohawk aero on google and every link in google points to a broken site. So I went to your profile and found the same link to a broken site. It must be tough to try to sell parts when a buyer can’t even get to your site to see prices or enter a credit card. At least the PRA has a page that opens.

i guess your whiz bang parts are also a big secret

Please check for whiz bang parts again, let me know if you are still unable to open the site. www.MohawkAero.com or www.MohawkAeroCraft.com

John, thanks for updating the PRA.org site with 2018 events. I found the Mentone dates easily since you updated the page, bro.

NoWingsAttached;n1135645 said:
John, thanks for updating the PRA.org site with 2018 events. I found the Mentone dates easily since you updated the page, bro.

No worries you made us better. Thank you Greg. Now please take the below as me trying to help you.

My biggest failures are pride & expressing myself in writing which even makes me laugh at some of the words I replace with wrong words when you point them out. Dyslexics SUCK at writing don't know about releasing my inter child but every time I write I release my inter idiot.

You're smart, actually follow through and design then manufacture what you wish.
In person you are kind Dr Jekyll even with those you were calling names on the forum at Mentone. In writing you become Mr Hyde buddy and choose the worse way to express yourself most feel abused and not helped in writhing. My trick is I can forgive faster than anyone can hurl insults and only look for the positive in a solution to the problem. It detracts, if you like, as it takes the focus off human nature fight back emotional repose and changing to being better personally.

What we both need is for you to check my writing as you have for at least one article we published and I rewrite every word you write. Otherwise only call or talk in person.
But my posting/ writing is like spinning 10 plates on polls at once and rarely can wait for editors rewrite. I've tried and you know how I hate to wait. March or die.