Help a newby

Oky777

Aircraft
ELA Eclipse
Total Flight Time
120+ fixed wing, 50 Gyro
Hi, Im very interested in learning to fly Gyros but I have never been up in one so Im looking for a local pilot that is willing take me on a introductory flight. I have contacted Dave Overman (a local CFI) about instructions but he currently doesn't have a two place to train in and I would like to go up before committing to an out of state school. Can anyone help ? And of course I'll pay. Thanks

Check with Sport Copter, south of you in Scappoose, Oregon, and see if they can do an intro ride. CFI Jim Vanek is very busy running his company, but might have slow moments during the winter. (503) 543-7000.

Specify whether you'd prefer to fly in the open tandem machine, or the enclosed Sport Copter II (if available.)

If it doesn't happen by June (and even if it does!) plan to come to Rotors Over The Rockies June 10-12 at Brigham City, UT, and we'll get you a intro flight. There are a couple people from your general area coming down who might be carpool candidates!

Sport Copter Demo Ride

Sport Copter Demo Ride

Say I'm just starting out myself. I went down to the PRA73 meeting last November. They meet on the second Saturday of each month at the Sports Copter facility there at the Scappoose Airport. Jim took two of us up for a 30 minute introduction ride. It was a great ride...looking down between your knees at the ground 800 feet down. He lets you take the stick of the tandum...it's great!

At the time it was $60.00. He does have a tight schedule. One way to be sure of lessons is to buy one of his kits!:rolleyes: Be sure you call ahead to varify the meeting is on. They meet in Salem on accasion. To confirm the meeting time call

Bob Johnson
Troutdale, OR
503-665-4449

and call Sport Copter to schedule a ride after the meeting.

Sport Copter, Inc.
34012 Skyway Dr.
Scappoose, OR 97056

Phone: (503) 543-7000

wow

wow

hi chaps,
WOW .............$60
well for a ride in a dual machine for an hour in the UK would cost you 150.00
that is....... one hundred and fifty UK pounds.... so you are getting the flight for less than half we have to pay in the UK...Go for it boys!!!!!

150.00 UKJ = 280.00 dollars

G.

LAA.BRA.PRA...............:plane:

Ding get used to it.

We pay pounds what they pay dollars for. Been that way for years.

It may seem like its around the world but

It may seem like its around the world but

Hi, Im very interested in learning to fly Gyros but I have never been up in one so Im looking for a local pilot that is willing take me on a introductory flight. I have contacted Dave Overman (a local CFI) about instructions but he currently doesn't have a two place to train in and I would like to go up before committing to an out of state school. Can anyone help ? And of course I'll pay. Thanks

Have you considered coming to Bensen Days. April in Florida is better than April in lots of other places and "We got gyros". Visit www.Bensendays.com

We will now resume your regular programming.

$60 gets way less than 1 hour in Scappoose. It will be worth every penny how ever long it is.