I'm considering Joining

n9gmr

I just found this forum yesterday. After spending an hour and a half trying to figure out how to post here, I'm hooked on this place. If you want to know more about me, check out the Introduction section, topic titled "Blind Guy Here to Learn."
I originally found this forum because I was interested in gyroplanes, and taking a ride in one. The more I read, I see there's more to home built rotor craft than gyroplanes. I want to experience as much of it as I can. Whatever folks are willing to share with me, I'll take. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions, so hope I don't appear like and idiot to anyone.
Are there any members in the Volusia county area? I live in Port Orange, outside of Daytona Beach.

Matt Roberts

There is a Sunstate website, here:
http://sunstatewingandrotorclub.com/home_link.shtml

Those folks are real friendly and fun, you would have a ball just sitting around the hangar with them on any given Saturday, and I am sure you will find a bunch of them ready, willing and able to take you for a ride. Gyro pilots love passengers.

]Those folks are real friendly and fun, you would have a ball just sitting around the hangar with them on any given Saturday, and I am sure you will find a bunch of them ready, willing and able to take you for a ride. Gyro pilots love passengers.

Where is this group based? The closest airport that may have something like this is in Deland, which is about 30 miles from me. This is the only uncontrolled airport in my area.

You might look up Dan Rossi (skydiving not gyros)

You might look up Dan Rossi (skydiving not gyros)

Greetings Matt

Deland airport is a well known convergence for skydiving and there was a fellow named Dan Rossi who jumped there who was blind. I don't know if he is still active but he signed his emails and posts "flare when you hear crickets"

There is a small strip nearby that had a lot of glider/ultralight activity ... Bob Lee Flight or something like that.

Regards
Todd

Where is this group based? The closest airport that may have something like this is in Deland, which is about 30 miles from me. This is the only uncontrolled airport in my area.
Hi Matt

Most of Sunstate members are on another forum that I'm not allowed to post in public on this forum as they were banned, over a fight I missed, and started a free speech forum.
They could answer your questions better over there. I'll have to PM you the address as I do not want to be banned from here.

Matt,
Welcome sir My name Michael Boyette. I am a founding member of Sunstate Wing and Rotor club and a current board member. I would like to invite you join us sir. The closest airport to you with an active gyro community is Valkaria. It is South of Daytona and I know three or four gyros based there. Most of our members are based in Wauchula. Welcome sir. If you would like some more info your welcome to call me at 8138028031.

Matt definitely call Mike.

He is a great guy, grew up in gyroplanes as his father, Ernie, manufactures Dominator gyroplanes and Ernie also manufactures Dragon Wings so Mike would be a wealth of local and gyroplane knowledge.

Matt,
Welcome sir My name Michael Boyette. I am a founding member of Sunstate Wing and Rotor club and a current board member. I would like to invite you join us sir. The closest airport to you with an active gyro community is Valkaria. It is South of Daytona and I know three or four gyros based there. Most of our members are based in Wauchula. Welcome sir.

Valkaria is 94.1 miles south of me, about an hour and a half drive. I checked the Greyhound schedule and there's only one bus to and from Titusville or Melbourne.
There's got to be a way I can be part of this group, but am not sure how at this point. Keep the ideas coming, one is bound to work!
I'd consider heading up a group here in Volusia county, if there's any interest.

Matt definitely call Mike.

He is a great guy, grew up in gyroplanes as his father, Ernie, manufactures Dominator gyroplanes and Ernie also manufactures Dragon Wings so Mike would be a wealth of local and gyroplane knowledge.

I did call Mike, and he is a nice guy. I hope we can work together to figure out a way for me to be involved and get gyroplane rides.

Hi Matt

Most of Sunstate members are on another forum that I'm not allowed to post in public on this forum as they were banned, over a fight I missed, and started a free speech forum.
They could answer your questions better over there. I'll have to PM you the address as I do not want to be banned from here.

John:

This is irresponsible of you, and completely bogus. Why are you hanging out the dirty laundry like this?

The best place to blog with the Sunstate members is on the OFFICIAL Sunstate website, which I listed in post #2.

Intentionally redirecting this fellow to a site that was set up by and for former members who have been banned from THIS site, while you are posting on this site, rather goes against the spirit of the administrator's expressed request that you/we don't post their link here, don't you think? There is/was a very good reason for this request, as the forum blew up into a hate-filled blog of beating up on people folks didn't see eye-to-eye with on purely POLITICAL, non-gyrocopter related issues.

The original fellow who was banned from this site and started the other one is still allowed to post official gyrocopter and PRA business here, though he is on a short tether to keep it gyrocopter and PRA related ONLY.

Once the new fellow who started this thread hooks up with the Sunstate brothers on their OFFICIAL website, I'm quite sure he can, and will, find his own way to their president's other, open-format site.

John:

This is irresponsible of you, and completely bogus. Why are you hanging out the dirty laundry like this?

The best place to blog with the Sunstate members is on the OFFICIAL Sunstate website, which I listed in post #2.

Intentionally redirecting this fellow to a site that was set up by and for former members who have been banned from THIS site, while you are posting on this site, rather goes against the spirit of the administrator's expressed request that you/we don't post their link here, don't you think? There is/was a very good reason for this request, as the forum blew up into a hate-filled blog of beating up on people folks didn't see eye-to-eye with on purely POLITICAL, non-gyrocopter related issues.

The original fellow who was banned from this site and started the other one is still allowed to post official gyrocopter and PRA business here, though he is on a short tether to keep it gyrocopter and PRA related ONLY.

Once the new fellow who started this thread hooks up with the Sunstate brothers on their OFFICIAL website, I'm quite sure he can, and will, find his own way to their president's other, open-format site.
Thank you Greg!
I believe Gabor is the president and if he wanted to get responses that is the fastest way I knew of. Like all information I post I try and provide the quickest or best information I can to help. So folks do not have to wast their valuable time. Mike stepped up so it wasn't necessary as it turned out!

I've been asked by Marion Spinner so she could participate as well as many-many others for the Free Speed Rotorcraft link some in PM's and some on line you are the 1st person to complain about even being allowed to share reality whit them.

I'm still making it hard by not just posting the link here as we can for other rotorcraft forums and links so you will just have to be happy with that as if they are looking for Gabor or wish to have free speech I will keep providing the truth and all information that helps anyone learn in every area of life.

Last edited:
Greetings Matt

Deland airport is a well known convergence for skydiving and there was a fellow named Dan Rossi who jumped there who was blind. I don't know if he is still active but he signed his emails and posts "flare when you hear crickets"/QUOTE]

I have lived here since 1998 and have not heard that name. I'm not sure if he's still around or not, and have no way to find out.

Again...Matt please disregard the negativity. I am willing to do the honor to take you from place to place. I would love to have you as a Sunstate Wing and Rotor Club member. We need enthusiastic people like you. Thanks you. If you have hard time to navigate our website I'll drop by you and help you with everything you need. Here is our website: http://sunstatewingandrotorclub.com
Cheers
Gab

BUMP! That Sunstate web page seems to be dead. Is the chapter still active as I am in Ormond Beach FL. I will be attending Bensen days in March.

BUMP! That Sunstate web page seems to be dead. Is the chapter still active as I am in Ormond Beach FL. I will be attending Bensen days in March.
So Sunstate Rotor Club no longer exists. We now just have one Fly-in. It’s Bensen Days. You should be able to find info at bensendays.com. If you have any questions or need additional info I will try to provide it. I am currently and have been the airboss for Bensen Days the last two years.