March Meeting

GyroDoug

Aircraft
Butterfly Super Sky Cycle
Total Flight Time
Hello Rotary Wing Enthusiasts,

It's that time of the month again. Our next PRA Chapter meeting will be held this coming Saturday (March 1st) at 1O AM at the AirGyro hangar, at the Spanish Fork Airport. Besides the camaraderie, support (and refreshments of course) that we always have we are going to have a DAR visit with us about the process to get your project inspected and legal to fly. Jim Gilchrest will be our guest speaker and also has a short video he is going to share with us. There are going to be lots of new members there this month so I hope all of our regulars will make an effort to there and make them all feel welcome. It is really exciting to see the growth the chapter is having and will be even more exciting when we have a handful of Gyros that are flying. Don't forget to put our Summer Fly-In on your Calendars and plan on being here to help us make this first annual event a Day to Remember. It will be held June 14th at the Spanish Fork Airport and will go on for most of the day so block out that time and plan on joining us. See you all on Saturday!!!!

Doug Barker
Utah Rotorcraft Assoc.

Well, we held our meeting and all that attended got their money's worth. Jim Gilcrest (one of our local DAR's) came and spent a couple hours with us explaining what he will be looking for and what we need to be prepared for in order to make our aircraft inspection go as smoothly as possible. We had lots of questions and it turned into a very informative morning. We also had several new members show up for their first time. Paul Plack and his wife Cindy were able to join us as well as Brian Bird (who is 90% done on a new Sparrow Hawk). So we keep growing and getting better and better. I can't wait until we have a bunch of Gyro's actually in the air and flying. This summer's fly in should really be fun. Make sure you mark down the 2nd Saturday in June on your calendars and keep it available to come join us.

Gyro Doug

Doug, we appreciated the hospitality. Free food at a chapter meeting! It was great to catch up with Nate and see the AirGyro hangar. See you next month!

Paul,

I also very much enjoyed our last meeting and getting to meet you and Cindy. Our scheduled Calendar has us taking the month of April off and encouraging anyone that can to go to Bensen Days and or Sun N Fun. Our next scheduled chapter meeting will be May 3rd and then the next time we meet will be for our Fly In Activity on June 14th.

We are still working on what we will do for the May meeting but I will give everyone an update as soon as we have it solidified. There are some really exciting things in the works for the Fly In. I can't wait until I can start announcing what is in store for then. I'll give more details as soon as it is confirmed.

Gyro Doug