Enter the new guy...

thesultanofscud

Fixed wing imposter.
Aircraft
Hawker 800XP, 850XP
Total Flight Time
Allow me to introduce myself...

I'm a contract pilot and instructor living in Saint Paul. I've admired the PRA and its community from the outside for some time. Since I have decided to settle in the Twin Cities area, I thought I'd look up the local chapter and start a dialogue.

What are the requirements to get involved with this outfit? Is there any chance that I could tag along at an upcoming meeting?

Thank you in advance for your replies. I'm here to learn and talk flying.

Allow me to introduce myself...

I'm a contract pilot and instructor living in Saint Paul. I've admired the PRA and its community from the outside for some time. Since I have decided to settle in the Twin Cities area, I thought I'd look up the local chapter and start a dialogue.

What are the requirements to get involved with this outfit? Is there any chance that I could tag along at an upcoming meeting?

Thank you in advance for your replies. I'm here to learn and talk flying.

I am an ex Skydiver pilot too Jonathan. Been tagging along here for about a year, but haven't flown a gyroplane yet.

Welcome aboard!

welcome

welcome

Hi Scud,

welcome to the forum...you will find the guys on here more than willing to help they are priceless! :first:

Gary

LAA.BRA.PRA............:plane:

Jonathan,

The Minnesota Rotorcraft Club/PRA Chapter 17 would like to invite you to our upcoming meeting 20FEB10, as Mike stated we have a great group of people and approximately 90% of our members are either building or flying gyro's. Our rules are simple there is no such thing as a stupid question and we treat everyone like we wish to be treated (With Respect). You will not find a better group of people to converse with, I am proud to serve the Minnesota Rotorcraft Club/PRA Chapter 17 as its president and hope we will see you there.

Best regards,

Chuck Freese
President
Minnesota Rotorcraft Club
PRA Chapter 17

Thanks for all the replies, folks! If I can make it work, I will see you all on February 20th. I look forward to learning a great deal and making new friends and contacts. I believe you will find me to be a true student of the game.

To all Chapter 17 Members,

I would like to thank you all for making me feel very welcome at my first chapter meeting. I was impressed not only with the size of this chapter, but with the variety of flying backgrounds that were represented. I was very excited to find not only a number of sport/private pilots, but also an airline pilot and future/former military pilots in attendance.

As for myself, I believe that I can contribute to the group with my experiences in aviation. As a 2,000 hour fixed wing pilot and instructor, I find myself in a unique position. I have a a great deal of experience with aerodynamics, navigation, aircraft systems, weather, and crew/single pilot resource management. That being said, I am truly a student again when it comes to this category of aircraft...And I am stoked to learn more.

In return for welcoming me to your group, I hope to contribute with my enthusiasm and the insight I have gained in my life and flying career thus far. My summer will, unfortunately, be a busy one. That being said, I hope to be a very active friend of the club in the near future.

I believe I have found a great group with solid leadership. I look forward to joining you for another meeting this March.