PRA -15 Status

Mike Schallmann

Mad Man MIke
Aircraft
Custom single seat gyro and 1939 Aeronca Chief.
Total Flight Time
950 (400 FW & 550 in Gyros)
The following is a message that I sent to the PRA Headquarters ---

I have decided NOT to renew my membership for FY/Calendar Year 2009 --if you guys ever get your act together I will reconsider--all Chapter 15 business is now in the hands of Britta Penca--please remove me from you mag as the president of PRA Chapter 15

As the President of a chapter several people have trusted you to represent them and do whatever is best for them and thier chapter. I sure hope that you have consulted with them before making this decision and have not let them down. As far as dropping from PRA that is your choice but don't forget the people that entrusted you as the president of thier chapter.

I am sure the chapter will miss you Mike.

Brita seems very capable to me.

It has been my experience that a change of officers every few years is a good thing. Otherwise members tend to expect too much and not get involved enough.

Best of luck to you and the chapter.

Thank you, Vance

In spoke with Britta earlier this week and the January meeting will be at the San Manuel airport--It will be in the newsletter.The meeting is scheduled for Jan 17-18 2009..

I called PRA this morning and renewed for 09 I decided that i would go ahead and renew. altho san manuel is farther than I want to go. I will stay at coolidge airport maybe fly to san manuel. but it is 50 miles across the desert and by my self I don't think i would try it may not be any phone service out their. google earth it and the terain looks rough. need a mule.

Who should I contact to get the newletter for Chap 15? Are the meetings a weekend fly-in or more like our monthly EAA meetings lasting 1-2 hrs. I live if Cave Creek and San Manuel is a long slog for a 1-2 hr meeting.

E-Mail me your address and I'll send you a copy of the letter--also there really is no meeting we just have a monthly fly in--it is a very loose knit club --very informal--

Mark --I know what you mean -I'll be going to Coolidge also in January -Ive got some changes made to my gyro I want to try out-If all goes good I may fly to San Manuel on Saturday and return to Coolidge in the afternoon--It would be a nice flight!

I have several other commitments planned for next year -Mardi Gras(New Orleans) in February --Washington DC in April /May - Summer in Colorado and the Pacific Northwest -and finally El Mirage in late September --so most my flying will be out of Phx/Goodyear Aprt when Im in town--

Last edited:
E-Mail me your address and I'll send you a copy of the letter--also there really is no meeting we just have a monthly fly in--it is a very loose knit club --very informal--

Mark --I know what you mean -I'll be going to Coolidge also in January -Ive got some changes made to my gyro I want to try out-If all goes good I may fly to San Manuel on Saturday and return to Coolidge in the afternoon--It would be a nice flight!

I have several other commitments planned for next year -Mardi Gras(New Orleans) in February --Washington DC in April /May - Summer in Colorado and the Pacific Northwest -and finally El Mirage in late September --so most my flying will be out of Phx/Goodyear Aprt when Im in town--
I will see you on the flip side Mike until then keep the rotors turning and fare well until we meet again. your friend mark.