Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D-RV Question

Hello Forum!

I was reading about the Rotorwing-Aero 3D-RV. I have the plans from the Peach State site. The landing gear is of the Bensen straight bar type mounted on the drop keel. There was a comment on the Wiki page for the 3D-RV that indicated a landing gear that "was later developed into a high landing gear to set the vertical center of gravity to the prob hub height "

I would like to understand what that means. Chuck Beatty's three blade gyro had the gear riser going all the way up near his head. IS that what is meant? To position the upper link such that the pushover tendency in a lateraI direction is reduced? i think I read an article about Chuck's machine and why the LG was built the way it was on his three blade unit.

OR could it just be that the Wiki article is incorrect?

Thanks in advance.

Curtis Scholl

look up the Dominitor and compare it to a Bensen and you will understand.
    it's the best way I can explain or the drop keel on long legs.

http://www.rotorflightdynamicsinc.com/pictures.html

I'm a gyro Dude now! Bensen FTW

FRANK

Comment

Frank

Very well...I will do.

Thanks for the tip.

Curtis S.

Comment

It would be very easy to add suspension to the 3D-RV and keep everything else the same. It will add weight but if you do it right you can still keep it light.
        The gear legs do not need to be mounted up high,
        You could copy an air command and be just fine.
        The government cannot give anything to anybody that the Government does not first take from somebody else.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
        - Thomas Jefferson

Scott Essex....Flying H Ranch

Comment

Scott

Ok..I will check it out

Curtis

Comment

Hi folks...
            I have been to my first day of the 2017 Mentone gathering. I got a good look at all of the landing gear configurations that were there. Will be there tomorrow as well to look around a lot more. The museum is nice to walk around in too.

Curtis Scholl

Comment

Working...
            X