No announcement yet.

Rotorvox C2A gyroplane flight report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brent's price correction is correct. 150 to 170. They corrected it online somewhere.
    "at 55 I did'nt GO over the hill, I FLEW over it"

Sport Pilot Powered Parachute
    Sport Pilot Gyro

Lifelong Member of the Dominator Fanclub.

Currently building an Aviomania GS2 powered by a Honda 130 HP Engine. Expected completion about two weeks. Wait a minute....I finished it!

Comment

Originally posted by CGameProgrammer View Post
      Yeah the latest issue had an honest although somewhat concise flight review of it. Priced at 200k EUR (currently almost $250k USD), it had nice fit and finish, and excellent outward visibility, but flew very poorly. He said the controls were always very heavy, and merely switching from a left bank to a right bank took some effort, lots of rudder work was needed, when he reduced power it sunk like a brick, etc. Also the Vne is only 87 knots. Maneuvering speed is 70 knots. This is with a Rotax 914.

It would seem acceptable if not great for $100k but actually costs well over twice that. It just looks good on a showroom floor but is obviously not worth buying, based on the report in the magazine.

Hopefully Silverlight can do a much better job whenever they finally develop theirs.

The Cavalon has a VN of 86kts and a maneuvering speed of 75kts so the Rotorvox C2A is not that far off.

For me gyroplanes are not about top speed and I prefer to wander around the skies at 65kts to 75kts.

Some people like heavy controls and say it feels like stability to them.

I suspect the extra weight will lengthen the takeoff roll and slow the climb out; two things that are important to me in a gyroplane.

perhaps the extra power of the new Rotax will help to mitigate that.

I feel Silverlight is on the right track with a more powerful engine for a side by side.
      Regards, Vance Breese Gyroplane CFI http://www.breeseaircraft.com/

Comment

Brief video published by AVweb yesterday,

Last edited by Zzorse; 04-11-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zzorse View Post
          Brief video published by AVweb yesterday,

Thanks for sharing!!
          Resistance is futile…… You will be compiled!
          Cheers,
          John Rountree

PRA- Director, Secretary
          PRA- Business Manager

PRA31 - Vice President of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
          http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.
          See: Aviomania USA http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

Comment

Had a chance to talk to the Rotorvox guys including an engineer who helped in design and did all its flight testing Very roomy, all pre-preg carbon fiber mostly, good visibility, hydraulic pre-rotator, and Averso Stella 8.6 m rotor blades. Very wide horizontal stab

Comment

Working...
            X