N203FD Super Sky Cycle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N203FD Super Sky Cycle

Interesting, says the machine was deregistered and sent to Indonesia.

http://www.aviationdb.com/Aviation/A.../2/N203FD.shtm

That timeline matches up with something I heard about some guy's son in Indonesia ... getting hurt by attempting to fly one of Larry's machines ... & coming after him with lawsuit!
    Chris T.
    3Rs - Rotors rock & rule!

"Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape." Buck B.

Time flies if you can but only the slowest.

PRA# 4212
    EAA# 1126845
    AOPA#08888697

Comment

What I'd like to know is what became of the last SSC Larry built ( with 914 engine & lots of goodies in avionics) ... he showed it (static only) at Oshkosh 2012 ... had it listed for sale for about 90K .... then ????? .... some one out there has it!
      Chris T.

PRA# 4212
      EAA# 1126845
      AOPA#08888697

Comment

Originally posted by GyrOZprey View Post
        What I'd like to know is what became of the last SSC Larry built ( with 914 engine & lots of goodies in avionics) ... he showed it (static only) at Oshkosh 2012 ... had it listed for sale for about 90K .... then ????? .... some one out there has it!
        I think N203FD is that machine, if you do a search for images of the SSC they reveal N203FD went through several stages of development and engines including a Larry designed turbo for the 912.

Also, in the above picture the pre-rotator uses an electric outrunner motor which was one of Larry's last developments.

Comment

AHHH yes ... that matches up with this last picture of Larry I took in his hangar ...as he was prepping for OSHKOSH that year & we were getting the sport copter rotor mounted up on Tiggy B! ... prior to going our divergent ways
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0179.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	685.7 KB
ID:	1124056
          !
          Chris T.

PRA# 4212
          EAA# 1126845
          AOPA#08888697

Comment

I've spent two years working with Larry and miss him a lot! Still can see my creations in the back ground . . .what a pitty!
            Moving on! :)

Comment

Herron sorry for your friend Larry ..
              I am looking for info about the g-force landing gear coz I 'd like to make myself one and can't find any, d you have an idea about where I could find datas
              regards
              jmi

Comment

Working...
              X