M2 912 sport copter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2 912 sport copter

The new M2 912 is coming along fast .I was very impressed with the new machine ,Vanick is building a strong solid machine.He is using 1 1/4 inch airplane axles new brake system and new bearings ,it is a awesome looking machine.I will try to post some pics of it ,but will have to check with Jim to see if that will be ok.

Yes that would be good to see and or get an update - I raised a query re this machine in 2014 - all news welcomed

https://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/ki...-m2-912-vortex

Comment

does it still look similar to this ?

Comment

No photos ,but i can tell you the ship is coming together nice.Sport Copter should have more info on the M2 912 soon .

Comment

Hi JOY RIDE, good to see your thread here. (Do definitely check with Jim about posting any photos.)

I'm also excited about the M2. The Aussies have been clamoring for it, and now it's being birthed.
          Am keen to have my own this year and fly with some Cub friends who get in/out of pastures.
          It may not have a sleek Eurotub's higher speed, but the M2's "offroad" capability is more appealing to me.
          (For sleek, there's the future SST.)

Had not the SCII sidetracked Sport Copter, I think the M2 and SST would have taken the gyro world by storm.

Regards, Kolibri
          PP - ASEL (Piper 180, C206, RV-7A), SP - Gyro (Calidus, RAF, SC2), soloed in gliders; checkride soon

Wasn't happy with my RAF's pitch instability, so I installed a Boyer H-Stab to my great satisfaction!

"
          When an honest but mistaken man learns of his error, he either ceases to be mistaken -- or he ceases to be honest."

Comment

It's a side-by-side, enclosed cabin, robust gyro with full suspension and castering NW.
            Rotax 915iS (or 914 or 912).
            Carbon prepreg body mounted on a beefy frame. Chrome-moly 4130 mast.
            Big 6.00x6 tires. Rough field capability.
            All new triple-rudder tail, with improved performance.
            Simple flat curve windscreen (cheaply replaceable from local sources).
            Designed for the Australian cattle ranchers, with their considerable input.

I don't think any other 2-place gyro can beat it for quality, ruggedness, and utility.
            And I think it's less money than either a Cavalon or M24.
            Kits (with Rotax 912) start at $86,500.

It's available very soon this year, and the prototype can be seen at 2018 Oshkosh AirVenture, and Mentone.
            Last edited by Kolibri; 07-19-2018, 08:57 AM.
            PP - ASEL (Piper 180, C206, RV-7A), SP - Gyro (Calidus, RAF, SC2), soloed in gliders; checkride soon

Wasn't happy with my RAF's pitch instability, so I installed a Boyer H-Stab to my great satisfaction!

"
            When an honest but mistaken man learns of his error, he either ceases to be mistaken -- or he ceases to be honest."

Comment

Working...
            X