M2 912 sport copter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2 912 sport copter

The new M2 912 is coming along fast .I was very impressed with the new machine ,Vanick is building a strong solid machine.He is using 1 1/4 inch airplane axles new brake system and new bearings ,it is a awesome looking machine.I will try to post some pics of it ,but will have to check with Jim to see if that will be ok.

Yes that would be good to see and or get an update - I raised a query re this machine in 2014 - all news welcomed

https://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/ki...-m2-912-vortex

Comment

does it still look similar to this ?

Comment

No photos ,but i can tell you the ship is coming together nice.Sport Copter should have more info on the M2 912 soon .

Comment

Hi JOY RIDE, good to see your thread here. (Do definitely check with Jim about posting any photos.)

I'm also excited about the M2. The Aussies have been clamoring for it, and now it's being birthed.
          Am keen to have my own this year and fly with some Cub friends who get in/out of pastures.
          It may not have a sleek Eurotub's higher speed, but the M2's "offroad" capability is more appealing to me.
          (For sleek, there's the future SST.)

Had not the SCII sidetracked Sport Copter, I think the M2 and SST would have taken the gyro world by storm.

Regards, Kolibri
          PP - ASEL complex (Piper 180, C206, RV-7A), SP - Gyro (Calidus, RAF, SC2), soloed in gliders; checkride soon

Wasn't happy with my RAF's pitch instability, so I installed a Boyer H-Stab to my great satisfaction!

"
          When an honest but mistaken man learns of his error, he either ceases to be mistaken -- or he ceases to be honest."

Comment

It's a side-by-side, enclosed cabin, robust gyro with full suspension and castering NW.
            Rotax 915iS (or 914 or 912).
            Carbon prepreg body (only 25 lbs.) and seat pan/firewall (14.5 lbs.) mounted on a beefy frame.
            Chrome-moly 4130 folding mast.
            1.25" axle with conical tapered Timkin bearings. Big 6.00-6 tires. Rough field capability.
            All new triple V-stab tail, with improved performance.
            Simple flat curve windscreen (cheaply replaceable from local sources).
            Designed for the Australian cattle ranchers, with their considerable input.

I don't think any other 2-place gyro can beat it for quality, ruggedness, and utility.
            And I think it's less money than either a Cavalon or M24.
            Kits (with Rotax 912) start at $86,500.

It's available very soon this year, and the prototype has been a big hit at 2018 Oshkosh AirVenture.
            Last edited by Kolibri; 07-31-2018, 11:24 PM.
            PP - ASEL complex (Piper 180, C206, RV-7A), SP - Gyro (Calidus, RAF, SC2), soloed in gliders; checkride soon

Wasn't happy with my RAF's pitch instability, so I installed a Boyer H-Stab to my great satisfaction!

"
            When an honest but mistaken man learns of his error, he either ceases to be mistaken -- or he ceases to be honest."

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sport Copter Vortex M2.png Views:	1 Size:	278.3 KB ID:	1136051

The prototype Vortex M2 is at Oshkosh (I'll post photos soon), and will be flying next month for testing.
              Kit begins at $86,500 with base engine (Rotax 912) and 4-blade 72" Warp Drive.

With 140hp Rotax 915iS add ~$18,000.
              The MT 200671 constant-speed stock box (for Light Sport) prop installed in the prototype is another ~$10,000.

There is plenty of room for whatever panel one desires, including dual EFIS.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sport Copter Vortex M2 specs and price.png Views:	1 Size:	133.2 KB ID:	1136050

Last edited by Kolibri; 07-28-2018, 04:43 AM.

"

Comment

Here is the prototype Vortex M2.
                A fellow 6'7" had a seat in it, with headroom to spare.
                With the in-flight adjustable rudder pedals, nearly anybody will be able to comfortably fit.

For show purposes, the tail and upper mast are from the M912, but production parts will be different/unique.
                The tail boom will be longer, and the tail larger. Carbon pre-preg.

The 915iS model will have a hydraulic prerotator making ~320rrpm.
                The 912 and 914 models will have the proven flex-shaft making 300rrpm.
                (Flight rrpm is ~280. The takeoff roll will much shorter since distance isn't needed to spool up from 200.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sport Copter Vortex M2 with 915iS at 2018 Oshkosh.png
Views:	1
Size:	857.4 KB
ID:	1136082

"

Comment

I got my first closeup look at the SCII at Oshkosh. It's a beast!!!

Comment

A bit of flying fun in a M912 someone took.

Comment

Here is the link to our new M2 page on our Sport Copter Website.
                      http://www.sportcopter.com/Gyroplane...7/Default.aspx

Comment

2019 might be the year of the new standard of "jeep", one that re-awakens the spirit of: live where you want, work where you want, and play where you want'. The 'ruggedized' SC M2 912 side-by-side can make back-country flying even more doable and fun. I'd want to put floats on the thing and take it fishing on the 1000 lakes within 200 miles of home. Or land in some grassy areas, and go trout, northern pike, or small-mouth bass fishing. Heck, 200 miles, as the crow flies, is only 2 hours away with this bird. By car, it'd be 4 to 6 hours, just to get close to the water, then probably a big hike to get on the water. I can't believe the Kentukians and Tennessee'ns haven't picked up on this already.
                        Regards

Frank

Comment

The only thing that might be better would be a ruggedized version of the Gyrino, Dick DeGraws VTOL design. WooooHooooo!
                          Regards

Frank

Comment

Working...
                          X