No announcement yet.

Stan Question: Safety Cable Kit Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor Kop- That was another thing I wanted, a mechanical governor like Doug Schwochert has. I did have the extra battery, and its power was all separated from the main electrical system by diodes.

Reading stuff like this while owning and flying my Helicycle made me realize the more I learned, the more I realized there was more I didn't know. I soon came to the conclusion that I was not qualified to be a competent Helicycle pilot. Some people are but I was not in that group, and so the underlying discomfort level while flying it. But the euphoria over rode that doubt cause it is such an amazing machine. It let me experience everything from 0 - 120 mph flight. Though it had a nasty kerosene appetite, it was worth it. I wish everyone could experience what one flight was like.
    That article you posted further shows to me I am better off a surface dweller!
    Last edited by StanFoster; 11-28-2016, 03:36 AM.
    Curved stairway builder

Enjoy life...consider eternity.

www.stansstairways.com

Comment

Bloodyell RK, there i was thinkn that a turbine was more reliable than a 912, haven only one spinny bit, but it seems the elictronic monster has infected them as well.
      Oh well, guess ill just have to stick with the trusty rotax. :) :) ;)
      Ignorance is bliss, but only till you realise you were.

Your intolerance of my bigotry is offensive.

VPR, the ultimate. :)

Comment

I agree birdy - I feel MUCH safer around a piston now. You will not believe the sound and the damage of that explosion
        I replied to your last message with the video links but for some reason those message have been deleted from my inbox Did you get my message about installing a siren like we do here on all our game capture helicopters to assist in getting those pesky animals out of thick bush or just to get them going along again?

Comment

Yeh, haven sumthn normaly do,n 60 odd thou, over speed to wotever it takes it to explode dont sound much like a fun thing to have bolted to the ass end of ya choppy.

No, never got any message, started thinkn you was sum undercover dud stalkn me.
          Iv tried sirens and other noise maken things, but as in the vid, they listen wen i talk, nicely. ;)

Besides, noise only upsets the good critters, and tends to pissoff the naughty ones, and make them naughterer.
          Ignorance is bliss, but only till you realise you were.

Your intolerance of my bigotry is offensive.

VPR, the ultimate. :)

Comment

It seems i may have spoken to soon about the fuel control possibly not being repaired. We need to do some checks on the motor part of the fuel control as this was not sent. Anyway lets see what happens on Saturday whether it is it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotor Kop View Post
              It seems i may have spoken to soon about the fuel control possibly not being repaired. We need to do some checks on the motor part of the fuel control as this was not sent. Anyway lets see what happens on Saturday whether it is it or not.
              Any updates on your helicycle? Are you flying it yet? I am thinking of building one......

Comment

Originally posted by shadowrider View Post

Any updates on your helicycle? Are you flying it yet? I am thinking of building one......
                Hello. We eventually got all the issues sorted out and it is now flying. However I sold it as I am not the right kind of person to have to constantly do maintenance and pour out money into these kinds of things. I sold it and went back to the reliable R22 beta. Best value for money ever - absolutely no snags and keeps going from MPI to MPI without problems. I though the helicycle would work out cheaper than a R22 but in my case it did not unfortunately. Lovely helicopters though with PLENTY of power! I am still not convinced the governor issues have been sorted out 100% though. Another one went down due to governor fluctuating and then cutting the power....

Comment

Hmm. That has been the opposite of my experience. Having owned a 300C and now a Helicycle, I'll never willingly go back to certified... I find it hard to believe that the Helicycle could cost you more than an R22 in all-up costs. Can you expand a bit more about the accident you refer to in your post? I hadn't heard about any major governor problems since the original kinks were worked out and an unsubstantiated statement like that is how those 'rumors' get started. Not all older ships have been upgraded or maintained and adjusted to current specs of course but I'd like to hear more facts...

Comment

I designed a manual back up for the T-62 T 32 incase of any governor system problems - Works very well on the Jet Exec, So well the owner likes the governor switched off unless it's a cross country flight. the fuel cut off solenoid is replaced by manual a ball valve or modified solenoid to normally open function. The throttle is operated like a standard helicopter and the trim pot used like a engine incr-decr engine trim speed. You can have a full blown electrical failure and still fly.

Comment

Originally posted by hillberg View Post
                      I designed a manual back up for the T-62 T 32 incase of any governor system problems - Works very well on the Jet Exec, So well the owner likes the governor switched off unless it's a cross country flight. the fuel cut off solenoid is replaced by manual a ball valve or modified solenoid to normally open function. The throttle is operated like a standard helicopter and the trim pot used like a engine incr-decr engine trim speed. You can have a full blown electrical failure and still fly.
                      This sounds interesting. Will you build one for the heli-cycle? Do you have any pictures you could post?

Comment

it will fit any T 62 T 32 that uses the M1A1 gen set torque motor and control head. Might need to adjust the ratio in the input arm for the lower torque load . . .

Comment

Working...
                        X