No announcement yet.

First 25 Hour Inspection on my Mini-500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian I tried to install the belite gauges,both types with the pressure sensor,I finally tried filling a 5 gallon bucket with the probe installed at the bottom and

it appeared to be just fine until I started removing fuel to check for accuracy,the guage after removng 10 % of the fuel showed to have only 30% remaining.

I tried to obtain an accurate reading several times when removing fuel from the bucket and never had good results. Hopefully you will

have better results than I did.
    Best Regards,
    Eddie Sigman,Polvadera,nm
    (575) 835-4921

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
      Brian I tried to install the belite gauges,both types with the pressure sensor,I finally tried filling a 5 gallon bucket with the probe installed at the bottom and

it appeared to be just fine until I started removing fuel to check for accuracy,the guage after removng 10 % of the fuel showed to have only 30% remaining.

I tried to obtain an accurate reading several times when removing fuel from the bucket and never had good results. Hopefully you will

have better results than I did.
      Did you program it exactly per the video? The instructions are woefully inadequate. After I finished my programming, I opened the sump drain and watched the gauge indication as the quantity decreased. It seemed very accurate to me. The only gripe I have is the LED`s change to yellow at 1/2 of the gauge.
      Bryan Cobb, Helicopter Enthusiast
      Mfg.Engineer., Composites, Meggitt Aerospace, Rockmart, GA

Comment

Yes I calibrated exactly like the video,did the calibration several times ,and still had bad results,it sounds

like you are having better results than I could get.

Best Regards,
        (575) 835-4921

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
          Yes I calibrated exactly like the video,did the calibration several times ,and still had bad results,it sounds

like you are having better results than I could get.
          You may be a lot sharper than this 56 y/o guy but I watched the video twice and was unsuccessful three times, doing it from memory. Then I watched it the third time and took notes.
          I followed my notes and was unsuccessful the fourth time! Then I typed my notes in a Word document, checked the steps and order against the video, and lengthened my times for
          fuel to stabilize after each addition...and BAM! It worked.

Comment

I never got confused but I calibrated several times trying to get it to work properly,it appeared to be good, but when fuel was removed to check accuracy

that's what failed. Hopefully you will be ok and get good results.
            Best Regards,
            (575) 835-4921

Comment

I finally got the Annual Condition Inspection/25 HR Inspection finished today and got about half of the cleanup done. I hope the rain holds off tomorrow because I am anxious to get it back in the air with
              the changes / improvements I have made.

Comment

Wasn`t able to fly today. The only Sunday gas station that carries 90 Octane Recreational (Non-Ethanol) was all out because the Jet-Skiers were out on the lake by
                the millions!

Comment

Is there another helicopter/rotary wing forum that you guys are on that is more user friendly?

Comment

http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/forum.php

try this

Comment

Thanks Hillberg, (sorry Bryan) How do I post a question on this forum without using this thread?

Comment

No problem Cam! I hate this arrangement too.

Comment

Not sure what i've done but i now have a 'new topic' button. :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X