No announcement yet.

Revolution Mini 500 Parts and MH-1 Upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so very well done to all involved. Still one of the " coolest " looking little birds out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirBusDriver View Post
      Another Millennium MH1 helicopter is done. Cowlings off for at least 10 hours of hovering. Just want to make sure everything is working as it should and no leaks,
      Check it out. Sorry to disappoint all the non-believers, but it came out better than expected thanks to Millennium Helicopters and Hawk Racing.
      https://youtu.be/1whDmQC_QXU
      Looks like a stellar build there, Kevin. I never doubted it would be finished and finished well. I just felt it would be pricey and heavy. It is a beauty though. Here's wishing you many trouble-free, safe hours in the air zooming around. Good job.
      Bryan Cobb, Helicopter Enthusiast
      Mfg.Engineer., Composites, Meggitt Aerospace, Rockmart, GA

Comment

• Tracking and balancing complete. .02 in hover and .06 in slow flight. Here's a youtube link for the first flight around my yard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMeH...&feature=share
        Another MH-1 up and running. Some minor issues resolved. Radiator hose leak, no engine RPM readout, starter, belt tracking and had to add a second cooling fan to the radiator. That's why we been watching and hovering before we go fly. I'll eventually cowl it up and fly. I have 6 more hours of hovering before we fly around my area. Plenty of power. Good flying machine. I'm going to change oil this week and add Mobil 1 full synthetic 15w-50. Check the oil filter for any metal particles. Then continue hovering.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMeHriPxXg0

Not sure what happened to the above link. This link should work. Thanks everyone who has been following my build. I'll post more videos in flight when we get the recommended hovering hours completed.

Comment

• Fitting modified original cowlings for new engine. Came out nice. Really wanted to keep the original cowlings. New added upper air scoops should provide good ram air flow.

Comment

• Captain Kevin: At what engine rpms are you running the Yamaha engine @?

Comment

• My MH-1 is set at: Engine RPM 6,750 @ 100%. Rotor RPM is 575 @ 100%. I think others may be set at Engine RPM 6,850 @ 100% and Rotor RPM at 575 @ 100%.

Comment

• Well, Another MH-1 is done and flying. This thing really has power. I'm 230 pounds and this thing will hover me at less than 70% power. On take off this thing really accelerates. It flies great. With hours in the R22 this thing flies circles around the R22. It's a rocket ship. Very pleased with the outcome. Nice helicopter to fly around town.
                  So, everyone here thanks for following my post.
                  I'm going to let the door kick me in the ass on the way out, just like this helicopter does.
                  Take care everyone.

Capt. ,Kevin

Comment

• Originally posted by AirBusDriver View Post
                    My MH-1 is set at: Engine RPM 6,750 @ 100%. Rotor RPM is 575 @ 100%. I think others may be set at Engine RPM 6,850 @ 100% and Rotor RPM at 575 @ 100%.
                    What are the difference w/ your rotorblades being pitched slightly more @ 6,750 vs. some others having theirs @ 100 rpms more?

Comment

Working...
                    X