solid state voltage regulator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solid state voltage regulator

I'm looking for a solid state voltage regulator for a Bell 206A, or the operational specs for the same.
    Thanks

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/005-00577-21.pdf

If you give me more details on what you need maybe I can help you has for now I got this .pdf for you with some info on charging system.
    seem to be 26vac regulated to 12volt dc at over 150 amps if I'm reading the info right.

do you want to mod it or use this system in something else?
    I'm a gyro Dude now! Bensen FTW

FRANK

Comment

Franks: I'm an Ex Benson gyro driver. Era 1965. Self taught. No dual available in 1965. No wrecks or damage. 90hp Mac. Got bored with having to take it to the airport to fly and got into helicopters which I operate out of my 13 acre plot in the desert.
      I'm in the process of producing a 24v dc system for my Allison turbine engine in my Rotorway look alike. The original builder had a series parallel circuit rigged up that didn't treat both 12v batteries the same. I'm wiring two Odyssey 12v batteries in series to produce the 24volts needed for the starter/generator. I'll be using a 24v dc to 12v dc down converter for the 12 v dc circuits like fuel level sensors, radio, chip lights oil pump and oil cooler fans. The Down converter I've ordered is reputed to produce up to 40A @12vdc. However, using the stock Bell 206A starter generator, I need a voltage regulator to control the generator and keep it producing a bit more than the 24v for the 24v dc bus.
      Thanks for your response

Comment

well I can guide you some of the solar power system run on 24 volt like the wind turbine and the likes of that but never in the amps you are needing probably the max you could find is 45 amps
        regulator, other then that I can't help you.

but what if you use relays like a ford starter solenoid to do your starting but leave the rest of the system 12volt we do that in tractors and big rigs
        you bridge your 2 12volt charging system in one and charge the 2 batteries with it and have solenoids to give 24 volts on starting. but probably how it currently set up.
        but with 2 X 12 volts system.

FRANK

Comment

I'm going to shut up now my communication skills are not good enough.

FRANK

Comment

Working...
          X