Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Oopses Do You Remember From The Gyrobee Drawing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Oopses Do You Remember From The Gyrobee Drawing?

On Edit: I had a wrong assumption - nothing wrong with the drawing...

Hi.
    Before drilling the aluminum for mast and keel, I drew them with the seat braces in Fusion 360.
    But the numbers do not add up. The Gyrobee drawing shows the distance between the hole centers in the seat braces to be 41.125",
    while Fusion gives a number of 40.082". So after checking the numbers I tried good ol' Pythagoras - that gave 40.0819".

Should I make the seat braces one inch shorter? And will it throw off something else?

That made me think - how many other oops'es are hidden in the drawing? You builders out there, do you remember any?
    With my aluminum supply so far away, I would like to keep my bucket of shame to a minimum.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	SeatBrace.JPG Views:	2 Size:	82.1 KB ID:	1130969

Cheers and TIA
    Erik
    Last edited by rcflier; 03-04-2018, 07:04 AM.

You don't really give enough information to help you with that dimensions issue.
    Brian

Comment

Hi Brian.

You forgot to add a smiley with that sentence

Click image for larger version

Name:	seat.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1130977

Name:	Seatb.JPG
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1130978

Cheers
      Erik

Comment

I think you may have a hole location in error. It's true there will be a tiny remainder due to the dimensions being expressed as decimal 1/8'ths and the true number being irrational. I do not recall any glaring errors in the plans, only slight discrepancies as a result of dimensional expression / resolution.

Comment

Addition: I can recreate your exact error by moving the front hold back toward the mast 3.00". I believe that is where your error is. Try snapping to the hole in front of the one you have dimensioned.

Comment

Hi Brian.

Thank you - yes, I had noticed that. But I felt so sure, the front hole was for the front seat braces?
            What's the rear hole for then?
            Thank you for correcting me - I'll rather trust the drawing and be in error myself.
            And now I found it.....

Name:	RTseatbrace.JPG
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	1131008

Cheers
            Erik
            Last edited by rcflier; 03-04-2018, 05:51 AM.

Comment

I see it now - RTFM!! That hole is for the axle drag strut.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Bracket.JPG Views:	1 Size:	114.6 KB ID:	1131011

Cheers
              Erik
              Last edited by rcflier; 03-04-2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X