Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbeegyros

Hi.

I have tried to place an order with Starbeegyros, but I get no answer.
    Anyone know, what's going on?

Cheers
    Erik

did you read the "news" page on their website - tales of hacking - the most recent "news" story is titled "Aaaaaa" or should that bee "arrggghhh".

Don't know but website appears out of date or lacking credibility, perhaps

http://www.starbeegyros.com/news.asp

Comment

Steve,
      that website has been hacked a long time - I don't even know, if it's been hacked, un-hacked and hacked again.
      I even tried starbeegyros on Facebook - with a strange result. I'll have to call him/them.

Cheers
      Erik

Comment

Calling gets me an answering machine - every time.

Cheers
        Erik

Comment

Did you try sending them an email? It's been probably a year ago now but I was in contact with a representative. info@starbeegyros.com

Comment

Hi - thank you for responding.

Emails were the first I tried. I've emailed back and forth with Dana Linn earlier.

I wonder, if I waited too long...

Cheers
            Erik

Comment

Thanks to Scott Essex I am now in contact with Dana Linn.
              They had problems with their DSL (internet line) and their mail program.
              I contacted Dana Linn through his principal company and very quickly got an answer.
              I was worried, but all is now well.

Thank you everyone for help and suggestions.

And now, onward with the Bee.

Cheers
              Erik

Comment

Update: It looks like Starbeegyros has most of what I need - except seat and cushion.

Which other seat and cushion can I use? I know LEAF has a seat, part number J7150.

And AircraftSpruce has a seat, Part # 05-22600.

What else can I use?

Cheers
                Erik
                Last edited by rcflier; 02-11-2018, 05:22 AM.

Comment

This is cool , but you would have to be creative to install .
                  Rodney

Comment

You could give some consideration to using a seat tank. From the weight standpoint, I found that there was very little weight difference between seat, plus seat supports, plus fuel tank, plus fuel tank mount, compared to a seat tank and support. It does move the cg forward some though.
                    "Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape!"
                    All opinions are my own, I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. Feel free to correct me if I am.
                    PRA# 40294

Comment

There are many Gyrobee types flying with CalumetAir seat tanks. 'Bee mounting instructions, provided by a customer, are available on my website www.calumetair.com The mounting instructions on the site advocate bending the U tube ends. I suggest using U brackets to mount the tube to the airframe (like most contemporary mfgs do)
                      Tom Milton, PRA Director, Need a DAR, Seat tank, Prerotator, Rotor Brake, or Rotor Tach?
                      Have Airworthiness Certification questions?
                      gyroplanes@aol.com or
                      Visit www.calumetair.com

Comment

Working...
                      X