No announcement yet.

Aviomania CE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it certainly seemed as though he appreciated the different approach in the concentration on balancing, thoroughly enjoyed both the challenge and then flying the single, but more importantly seemed to realise the value it offered in perhaps another cheaper way to learning some valuable lessons in rotor control and recognising and stopping blade sail/flap.

What is a fact is the LA-18 is section T approved, a good stable well designed machine for an initial machine, has someone ready to produce them NOW, and it will probably be cheaper.
    Leigh.

Comment

Hi Leigh - not strictly true I'm afraid...There there is one single example of the AV18 that has made it through Section T testing but it is not a "type" and therefore can't be bought without re-doing all that testing. I imagine that the process to make it one is probably not too onerous but has yet to be done as far as I know. I imagine Mike will undertake it. It is possible it will be cheaper but the big chunk of the cost lies in the engine rather than the airframe so I don't imagine the final price will vary greatly from the cheapest Aviomania and IMHO I prefer the look of the Aviomania! Anyway, I have learned that Nicolas is actually flat out on Aviomania rather than at the airport both on UK plans which will appear shortly and on some secret new projects which I can't share as I know nothing at all about them but knowing Nicolas, they will be worth waiting for...!

Comment

Yes correct - only six types of gyro are listed on the UK CAA Type Approved listing and the AV18 is not among them - the list can be found here

https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-Ind...l-data-sheets/

Comment

You won't find any LAA TADS either....http://www.lightaircraftassociation....t_vintage.html

Comment

There were at least 6 single seat Montgormie Merlin BD8 built in the UK with 912 80hp Rotax engines about 2002 and 2004

Comment

Indeed there were and they have "grandfathered rights" I believe. But you can't buy one today and there is no current TAD for them.

Comment

Hasn't anyone noticed how much the Genesis CE looks like "Little Nellie" and her siblings?
                They could be cousins, and that alone tells me it's a great design. Had I had the money for it,
                I would've gladly bought one. Probably with a 912 80 HP for the 4-stroke reliability.
                Best wishes for Aviomania - the best looking single seater out there.
                Cheers
                Erik

Comment

That Nicolas is back to work on the UK project would be good news Will, but have now learned how long hopes and dreams take to come to fruition. Certainly with you on looks and performance.
                  Leigh.

Comment

Anything happening?
                    Leigh.

Comment

Yes - expecting plans at the end of this month. Once I have them, the UK process will start in earnest.

Comment

Hmm, be too old to fly by the time its certified here. :-(
                        Leigh.

Comment

Working...
                        X