Aviomania Genesis G1sE Sport

WNWGJ,

I understand now and it makes more sense, I was a bit confused and maybe hopeful! I have heard the UK was one of the toughest places to get certified for Gyros. I hope all goes through smoothly and that you will be flying in no time!

Cheers!

Nic

All_In;n1129385 said:
Bro that is the best news I've heard this year....

Hi John, well I popped down to Kenya couple of weeks ago to finalise the sale, as the lawyers had indicated the title deed mishap was about to be sorted. Last Fri the title deeds were issued...and the reverse of the mistake was repeated!!!!!

Previously a friend had bought a small section of my plot to build his house and by mistake both areas were deeded to him in one title. Last week the two subdivisions were deeded, but not, one to him and one to me, as it should have been...but both now deeded to me.

On the surface sounded as though I could then go ahead and sell my bit, and the lawyers could work on getting his bit deeded back to him. But the lands office and lawyers nixed that as the dates on both titles have to be on the date of the now awaited...again...rectification.

"It’s Africa!" the saying goes, and yup it sure is. Bit like the gyro world with the ‘two weeks’ wait. My house and UK certification for the Genesis seem to be proceeding at the same pace who know it may come to pass before I pass away.

Sitting in Doha on my way back to UK. Am hoping to perhaps visit my son Stu in LA possibly next week. Might see if I could make it your way this time if I do get over. Does Delta do flights to San Diego?

Yes, it does.

Resasi;n1129899 said:
Hi John, well I popped down to Kenya couple of weeks ago to finalise the sale, as the lawyers had indicated the title deed mishap was about to be sorted. Last Fri the title deeds were issued...and the reverse of the mistake was repeated!!!!!

Previously a friend had bought a small section of my plot to build his house and by mistake both areas were deeded to him in one title. Last week the two subdivisions were deeded, but not, one to him and one to me, as it should have been...but both now deeded to me.

On the surface sounded as though I could then go ahead and sell my bit, and the lawyers could work on getting his bit deeded back to him. But the lands office and lawyers nixed that as the dates on both titles have to be on the date of the now awaited...again...rectification.

"It’s Africa!" the saying goes, and yup it sure is. Bit like the gyro world with the ‘two weeks’ wait. My house and UK certification for the Genesis seem to be proceeding at the same pace who know it may come to pass before I pass away.

Sitting in Doha on my way back to UK. Am hoping to perhaps visit my son Stu in LA possibly next week. Might see if I could make it your way this time if I do get over. Does Delta do flights to San Diego?
Dang Leigh more waiting... That sucks but at least it's in your name, closer to being right. You will make it happen I know that and cannot wait to here the news of the day you buy your new gyro.

Yes Delta has a hub here, really love to see you and show you our rides.

Let me know I'm All In!!

Getting closer John. Went to Salt Lake City on Tues where Stu was just finishing his second Avionics course with Delta .

Left yesterday evening on the red eye to JFK, then on down to Tampa. He left this morning to Atlanta/Tampa, where I will meet him is about 45 mins. Sitting in the Delta Sky Lounge just above his arrival gate in Tampa. That’s what you get to do when your on standy-byes, and space available! See the USA.

See the Grandkids for a week, then head towards LA via San Antonio to see my sister and niece.

When I get to LA will contact you to see when to head to San Diego and see what you guys have. Missed you last time so hopefully get you this time round.

Do you have the fully enclosed Sport? That is what I am after, and what I think Will Garton-Jones is trying to certify in the UK.

I know you got one which Stan was building... for around two weeks or so but wasn’t sure if you upgraded it to the newest model. Seems an age ago we sat and talked about which single you should go for in Wauchula. Then you tried a flying car...

I have a friend with a field at Slinfold on the edge of the Gatwick zone where I am hoping to operate from, and some more friends down at St Merryn where I would like to fly to.

So far all pie in the sky plans, but slowly getting it together. Who knows it may come to pass...before I do. Who knows.

I would like to fly at St. Merryn too :frown:. Would never have left after 19 years, but so called ‘friend’ told me it was closed to gyros and we had to get out. Not heard a word from so called friend since the day I gave him my hangar keys to give back to Bob's family, and took Delta-J away from the most special and beloved airfield where it all began. The same airfield incidentally, where I taught so called friend rotor handling and got him flying before he even went to Henstridge, and where I would still be teaching it today and helping people stay safe. Mind how you go, Leigh – and always take your gyro keys with you.

If you see Tony, by the way, I’ve still got that Cricket stick if he wants it.

Resasi;n1130372 said:
Getting closer John. Went to Salt Lake City on Tues where Stu was just finishing his second Avionics course with Delta .

Left yesterday evening on the red eye to JFK, then on down to Tampa. He left this morning to Atlanta/Tampa, where I will meet him is about 45 mins. Sitting in the Delta Sky Lounge just above his arrival gate in Tampa. That’s what you get to do when your on standy-byes, and space available! See the USA.

See the Grandkids for a week, then head towards LA via San Antonio to see my sister and niece.

When I get to LA will contact you to see when to head to San Diego and see what you guys have. Missed you last time so hopefully get you this time round.

Do you have the fully enclosed Sport? That is what I am after, and what I think Will Garton-Jones is trying to certify in the UK.

I know you got one which Stan was building... for around two weeks or so but wasn’t sure if you upgraded it to the newest model. Seems an age ago we sat and talked about which single you should go for in Wauchula. Then you tried a flying car...

I have a friend with a field at Slinfold on the edge of the Gatwick zone where I am hoping to operate from, and some more friends down at St Merryn where I would like to fly to.

So far all pie in the sky plans, but slowly getting it together. Who knows it may come to pass...before I do. Who knows.
That is all good news my friend!!!
My Cell 619 743 6712 = anytime.
I do not have a convertible here but I'm upgrading my G1sA to the new pod making her a G1sB. It's similar to the sport body.
Man it been a hard road but now you are so much closer.
I know you. You will make it happen!!!
Now that you won't be living in African will you be living full time in Britain or possible spent more time in the states?
See you soon Bro!!!

Rotormouse;n1130395 said:
I would like to fly at St. Merryn too :frown:. Would never have left after 19 years, but so called ‘friend’ told me it was closed to gyros and we had to get out. Not heard a word from so called friend since the day I gave him my hangar keys to give back to Bob's family, and took Delta-J away from the most special and beloved airfield where it all began. The same airfield incidentally, where I taught so called friend rotor handling and got him flying before he even went to Henstridge, and where I would still be teaching it today and helping people stay safe. Mind how you go, Leigh – and always take your gyro keys with you.

If you see Tony, by the way, I’ve still got that Cricket stick if he wants it.
Shirley that is so sad and they lost a great asset as a teacher. Some airport here were doing the same thing.
I started mailing them letters as a PRA volunteer informing them of the Federal laws they were breaking regarding federal funds and excluding any N# aircraft and discrimination laws siting the code and references.
In the letter I told them I'd be calling at a specific time and date to discuss how PRA proceeds from here depending on the out come of our conference call.
They all complied except for one. Who stated that gyro's exceeded the noise decible(volume) level of the city. He found a catch 22!
So I called the pilot and asked if any war bird flew out of there and he said yes every weekend.
The pilot there recorded a video of the war birds flying out with a decible meter and his gyro. They were both over but the war bird were much higher levels.
Sent them the video to the general manager with a letter that we expect either a letter to the gyro pilots that they may come back or a letter to all the war bird owners that they are also kick off for the same reasons or we will sue for discrimination.
He finally did allow the gyro's to come back.
The good new I've not heard of any airports doing it these days.

Hi Vance yes that would be good too but packing in the visits, problem on standby’s is routing to all sorts of odd places then getting stuck there so scheduling is a little hit and miss, but will certainly try. I tried and failed to get down to John the last time hence striking off south from LA first this time.

Thanks John will call when I get to LA. Is your Genesis flying? Be good to get a close look at it.

Hi Shirley so sorry to hear that, I know that was your base for a long time. It is open to Gyros now, I went down there with Tony last year to do some RAF 200 instruction. The weather wasn’t great, we spent three days just trying to get some flyable weather, but all we got was wind and rain. Farmer’s Arms does a good carvery though.

Tony is still out in Thailand and I think comes back in March. He has been going for longer each year and has a good bunch of friends down there. I’m pretty sure he will want the stick as he has been collecting a lot of Cricket parts that are all squeezed into the shed with the Bensen which is presently in bits.

Drove down to San Diego with my son Stuart to meet up with John and to see his Genesis. I was very keen to see it up close and personal, get a look at the build, materials layout and get a good idea of what it feels like sitting in it.

Great to see John looking so well, I knew he had been having a few issues, but he was in great form as full of energy and enthusiasm as when I first met him some years ago at his first Bensen Days. Really good to see you again John.

I liked what I saw of the Genesis. Although not the model that is hopefully going to be being certified in the UK, it gave me a very good idea of what it will be like. A good sturdy gyro, loved the tail. The seat was comfortable, panel well placed, and stick in a good position. I really like the idea of the quick conversion from open to enclosed. in the colder UK that will be a big plus.

Just hope that this will not taking another five years to get certified. There is a current of interest in the singles beginning to build in the UK and something new, very stable yet agile, will I think be of interest.

Leigh,what engine did John finally install on the Genesis ?.

John is your Genesis up and flying ?

Resasi;n1130846 said:
Drove down to San Diego with my son Stuart to meet up with John and to see his Genesis. I was very keen to see it up close and personal, get a look at the build, materials layout and get a good idea of what it feels like sitting in it.

Great to see John looking so well, I knew he had been having a few issues, but he was in great form as full of energy and enthusiasm as when I first met him some years ago at his first Bensen Days. Really good to see you again John.

I liked what I saw of the Genesis. Although not the model that is hopefully going to be being certified in the UK, it gave me a very good idea of what it will be like. A good sturdy gyro, loved the tail. The seat was comfortable, panel well placed, and stick in a good position. I really like the idea of the quick conversion from open to enclosed. in the colder UK that will be a big plus.

Just hope that this will not taking another five years to get certified. There is a current of interest in the singles beginning to build in the UK and something new, very stable yet agile, will I think be of interest.
What a great day! It's odd how I've made so many CLOSE friends on from this forum. Some times we do meet in person at all but often we only meet at a few fly-ins but the relationship is as strong as my life long best friends.
Leigh is like that.

We have both been struggling with health issues for over two years. However it appears we have both just solved most of them.
We will both be flying again this year!! Very cool.

Stuart lives in LA so a good chance he will join PRA 31 as a co-owner of our two place Aviomana and our single place KB3 he's be able to share at about $5, to $10. per hour.

j bird;n1130856 said:
Leigh,what engine did John finally install on the Genesis ?.

It's a new 582. It's for yanking and banking with some cross country when I have a chase vehicle.
Nicolas new policy is to only sell rides that use a Rotax engines as they get built and flown much quicker and remain just a stable as he designed them.

Last edited:
Steve_UK;n1130858 said:
John is your Genesis up and flying ?
No Steve, I've not even flown patches (FW Archer) in almost two years. I had surgery on valentines day 2/14 and it's 90% better now and think I can now pass my medical again and will now be able to start flying again soon!

Nicolas sent me all NEW plastic parts for free as he did not want me to have the old G1sa model. So now that I'm well I just started taking her a part to repaint her Ferrari Red to match our clubs two place trainer that I'm donating to the club as a co-owner (rental/share the cost) aircraft.

Last edited:
John don't forget about the new FAR part 68 medical. It opens up many doors for pilots. If you look into it as an option, remember to forget about all the medical issues of part 67. 68 is totally different in many regards.

John, thanks for the update.

JEFF TIPTON;n1130867 said:
John don't forget about the new FAR part 68 medical. It opens up many doors for pilots. If you look into it as an option, remember to forget about all the medical issues of part 67. 68 is totally different in many regards.
Truthfully Bro, I probably could have passed the medical, but when your really ill on even your best days I have no business flying as 1/2 my brain is trying to feel better leaving only half to use in the even of an emergency.
I could have flown as long a nothing went wrong no problem and maybe in an emergency think as well but have been trained and preach you do not fly when not 100%.

j bird;n1130868 said:
John, thanks for the update.

Yaw Mon... How are you doing buddy! Are you flying yet?