Fuel line check valves

Rick E

Aircraft
Cavalon and an MTO Sport
Total Flight Time
Is anyone aware of the reason that there are no check valves on "Autogyro" fuel lines as it seems to be standard equipment on opposition brand gyro's and recommended by Rotax??

C35FC326-504C-4659-B3A8-F9524EDB18D0.jpeg They call it a non-return valve, but it’s on both 912 and 914 fuel systems on all AutoGyros.

Last edited:
On my aftermarket walbro pumps the check valve or one way valve is built into each pump and is not visibile.

magknight;n1126982 said:
They call it a non-return valve, but it’s on both 912 and 914 fuel systems on all AutoGyros.

I don't believe we have them on our gyros in Oz, unless they are built into the fuel pumps!

No Title

You should, that diagram is from the heavy maintenance manual. Here's a picture of my fuel system, 2 pre-filters, 2 pumps, 2 main filters, and 2 non-return valves.

And of course the site decided to flip it upside down. This time I'm on my Mac and not an iPad. Maybe it's a Safari thing. Anyway, you get the idea.

Attachments

• photo128804.jpg
    photo128804.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 2
I checked my Mto today and it does not have non return valves, I will check my Cavalon at the next service.........very strange.

according to the diagram for the rotax 914 if pump 2 is the only pump running the fuel is going is a loop through pump 1 and there would be very little pressure on the system to

the regulator and carbs. so there has to be a one way valve in the pump on the R side of the diagram.

magknight;n1126994 said:
You should, that diagram is from the heavy maintenance manual. Here's a picture of my fuel system, 2 pre-filters, 2 pumps, 2 main filters, and 2 non-return valves.

And of course the site decided to flip it upside down. This time I'm on my Mac and not an iPad. Maybe it's a Safari thing. Anyway, you get the idea.

What are the 2 SS braided hoses for ?

Gman;n1127073 said:
I believe that's an oil thermostat.

Your right, they changed from rubber oil lines to braided stainless steel in about 2013.