IVO Prop for Cavalon

bilguun

Aircraft
auto-gyro
Total Flight Time
hello everybody .

IVO prop does not work for Cavalon . The prop motor is good. When I push on switch (fine - coarse) LED s blinking only 1 or 2 seconds then stopping not working .
I checked prop motor , Rocker switch and LEDs its ok good . please help me . how am i fixing ???

I posted on your other thread.....see what you think.

When I have something electrical that doesn’t work I take things out of the system until it does work.

If I am reading you post correctly is sounds like something in the wiring is not working correctly or you are tripping a circuit breaker.

Bypass all of that and go directly with power to the wires to the brushes and see if it works. If it does; work your way back through the system.

Sometimes changing something does not mean the new one is working. Check for continuity through the brushes to the rings.

Please remember a propeller is always trying to kill you so use extreme caution abound a propeller.

Is the motor spinning when you move the rocker switch? If so, perhaps it's the gears are stripped. Some IVO's have plastic gears (and brass). If they're stripped obviously it wont move, but you'd hear the sound of the motor moving. IVO sells the replacement gears. Have you contacted them?

Autogyro have their own operating system for the inflight adjustable Ivo Prop. After having trouble with mine I replaced the Autogyro specific module and it has been fine ever since. From memory though it cost over $ 1000.00.

I have not had a great experience with the electrical inflight adjustable IVO on my MTO3 and Calidus. The hydraulic constant speed prop on my ArrowCopter, however, is totally trouble free. No electrical problems, no gears, no brushes. It just works. I am using the Rotax recommended governor in conjunction with the 914. I am soooooo happy.

-- Chris.