No announcement yet.

News about Arrow Copter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John there appears to be new financing from Dubai for ArrowCopter. That and the new 135hp engine from Rotax both bring new positive aspects to the program.

It needed more power. Claudius chose the 912is...loved the fuel savings but regretted the choice as it was not powerful enough for 2 up in the summer temps.

The new Rotax is a more powerful version of the 912is and should be a big improvement. Chris (Churz 7000) probably knows more than almost anyone else about this machine, owns one, and would give you probably the best information on it.
    Leigh.

Comment

Claudius' ArrowCopter was the only one every sold with an engine other than a Rotax 914.The 912iS that Claudius had is a bit underpowered for the ArrowCopter. I did fly it all the way from Bensen Days to Baltimore in 2014. I was solo and the performance was very good. I cruised at about 100 mph burning about 3.5 gal per hour (if I remember correctly). Two up at a hot day I can see that the 912iS would be a bit weak in the chest.

With the 914, the ArrowCopter is not underpowered at all. I regularly fly at MTOW and 37 C (about 100 deg. F) and have great climb and cruise performance. So that's not an issue at all.

But still, I'm itching to see what the ArrowCopter can do with 135 hp....

Greetings, -- Chris.
      Read about my trip across the USA in an MT03 gyro here.

Comment

Chris can you tell us if the new Arrowcopter company has actually delivered any new build gyros since summer 2015 - I've not yet seen any new examples.

Machine serial 044 is the latest I'm aware of - delivered summer 2015.

Lots of marketing at the moment but any customer deliveries ?

Known fleet listing here - more info always welcomed

http://gyrocopterarrowcopter.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by ckurz7000 View Post

With the 914, the ArrowCopter is not underpowered at all. I regularly fly at MTOW and 37 C (about 100 deg. F) and have great climb and cruise performance. So that's not an issue at all.

But still, I'm itching to see what the ArrowCopter can do with 135 hp....

Greetings, -- Chris.
          Chris it would have to make it better, which is always welcome. Would it be a big project to upgrade yours?

Leigh.

Comment

Define "big", Leigh. It uses a CAN bus so that's something right there for modifaction of the interface to the EFIS. Then, with the changed weight and thrust you would need to demonstrate that the cell can cope with that. And then you would need to do a partial certification programme to make it a buyable option. So there's some work to domif you want to do it properly.

Bolting it on is probably the least difficult part.

Greetings, -- Chris.
            Read about my trip across the USA in an MT03 gyro here.

Comment

Yup, sound big to me after that elucidation.
              Leigh.

Comment

Working...
              X