SH Door Latches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH Door Latches

While grumbling at my RAF's troublesome and unsafe (can't be opened from the outside in emergency) door latches, I noticed a nearby SH with an attractive latching system that appeared to allow opening from either side. Looks good too! I assumed this would be a stock Southco latch, but have been unable to find anything similar. Can one of you kindly SH owners provide me with a Mfr and part number for your latches?
    CFI-ASMEL-IA, A&P
    @ 6450' MSL in W. Colo.

Austin hardware R021-0300 is the cylinder and outside knob. The inside handle is Sparrowhawk manufactured. They should be available from Sparrowhawk late 1st quarter? Rob, I sent you the dwg.
    Stephen Haggerty
    n613hh@gmail.com
    Stephen
    Cedar City, UT
    N613HH

Comment

Am in contact with them. Waiting for reply with costs and availability. I don't know if anybody has done this before?
      CFI-ASMEL-IA, A&P
      @ 6450' MSL in W. Colo.

Comment

THANK YOU for the drawings! Over the past few months I have received email "replies" but not "answers" from Skyworks. They "may" have one latch handle in stock, but no price given. I have ordered the locking cylinders from Austin Hardware Supply. I can't figure out what "McM-C" means as the supplier for the cabin side bushing hardware. If I can get just one latch, I think I can fabricate the others although there are four variations for six latches! No reply on my request for their fabrication drawings.
        CFI-ASMEL-IA, A&P
        @ 6450' MSL in W. Colo.

Comment

I just received a PM saying "McM-C" = McMaster-Carr. I should have guessed that one! All parts are no on order. Just need some latches now!
          CFI-ASMEL-IA, A&P
          @ 6450' MSL in W. Colo.

Comment

Working...
          X