No announcement yet.

SH PSRU Pulley removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're not sure if we are supposed to use the stock sub sensor through the ecm or like I did... a seperate one. Just trying to learn some stuff without going to the airport to look at Larry's RAF/SH conversion.

Did you see any of my threads ?

I am bored....had snow last night, & cold to go with it !

Here is a pic of my gyro wagon...77 Chevy....2 times to Bensen Days....2 times to Rotors over Carolina....twice to Mentone

Also picked up a gyro from AC in Texas & delivered it to Shasta mountain in California.

Attached Files
    Last edited by CLS447; 12-30-2017, 05:31 PM.
    Happy Flying, Chris S.

Comment

Rob, you be learn' and stuff! Kolibri
      PP - ASEL (Piper 180, C206, RV-7A), SP - Gyro (Calidus, RAF, SC2), soloed in gliders; checkride soon

Wasn't happy with my RAF's pitch instability, so I installed a Boyer H-Stab to my great satisfaction!

"
      When an honest but mistaken man learns of his error, he either ceases to be mistaken -- or he ceases to be honest."

Comment

Alright...what's happening ?
        Happy Flying, Chris S.

Comment

Still waiting for any SH owner to reply about excessive tightness on the eccentric mounting hole, or suggestions for realigning the engine mounting bracket holes.
          CFI-ASMEL-IA, A&P
          @ 6450' MSL in W. Colo.

Comment

Mornin' Dunc.......I have been trying to follow your progress.....getting a little scattered...

please try to keep us updated......I love this stuff ! THANKS & Best of luck.
            Happy Flying, Chris S.

Comment

Sorry guys. I replaced the worn prop jack shaft with one machined locally out of aircraft alloy steel. I have completed replacement of all bearings and belts in the PSRU and pre-rotator systems. Lubed the PR drive shaft, and am now waiting for Sport Copter mast, hub, rotor and trim system to arrive. I have ordered upgraded fuel pumps and filters, with new 5/16 fuel lines for now in preparation for later turbo. Pressure checked the fuel tank, bore scoped the engine. I can still see cylinder cross hatch marks and all valves look "like new". New plugs of course - cheap compared to buying plugs for certificated aircraft engines.

I was unable to enlarge the eccentric hole, but got eccentric installed and am "just able" to turn the prop belt adjustment bolt with a new long handled wrench. I studied up on belt adjustment from belt factory documentation and am waiting for proper tension measurement tools to arrive this week. Then will be done with everything but the new rotors and trim system.
              CFI-ASMEL-IA, A&P
              @ 6450' MSL in W. Colo.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS447 View Post
                Rob, at this point, why not remove the whole backing plate ? What is it.... a starter & 6 bolts to remove ?
                This could make the restoration job easier & maybe use shorter HS bolts ?

Can anyone confirm......SH offered no anodizing ? All blue parts are RAF ?

BTW... where is your coolant temp sensor ?
                ??????????????????????
                Happy Flying, Chris S.

Comment

Chris, I did remove and inspect the PSRU backing plate. Looked fine. SH provided blue anodized parts. RAF will anodize in your choice of selected colors, but expect a delivery delay. I am coolant sensor clueless. I have not delved into the engine yet, other than bore scope and compression checks which were fine.
                  CFI-ASMEL-IA, A&P
                  @ 6450' MSL in W. Colo.

Comment

Morning Dunc......I saw in your other thread that you removed it,,,,,That's why I quoted my old post.

Now you can get those bolts out. Could they replaced with shorter bolts ?
                    Happy Flying, Chris S.

Comment

Chris, I got the horseshoe bolts out prior to plate removal. Simply takes time while slowly moving the horseshoe away from plate. Shorter bolts could certainly be used, as the current ones are tapped into horseshoe for their full thread length. However removing the horseshoe is not needed unless removing the prop jack shaft, which is not needed unless the shaft has been damaged by neglecting the bearings, which had been done by the previous owner operators. I am good now.
                      CFI-ASMEL-IA, A&P
                      @ 6450' MSL in W. Colo.

Comment

Working...
                      X