SparrowHawk1 Insrrument POD Expansion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SparrowHawk1 Insrrument POD Expansion

Yesterday we determined that the Instrument Pod is too small to meet my needs. Three of us brainstormed and think we may have a solution. If we cut the pod in half and then bend and glue a 12 inch piece of aluminum to rejoin the 2 halves we would be able to finish it with fiberglass. Has anyone ever done this before or have a bettter idea? Tx.

Please note, our plan is to make a vertical cut so the height remains constant and the width doubles. Also, does anyone have a spare SparrowHawk kicking around they would like to sell? That could work too. Thanks.
    Skyking

Comment

............instrument pod only............ugh!

Comment

Just a thought, there are instrument pods available for trikes and other open ultralites, etc., that some that are larger and others that you could cosmetically use two pods together to fit everything...
        Stephen
        Cedar City, UT
        N613HH

Comment

Thank you; doing some checking on that idea as well.

Comment

Yeah, I have a pod. Best to e-mail since I am not on this site often enough. gyrocraft@yahoo.com

Comment

it is a gyro not a stealth bomber. KISS principle. The pod in my opinion is too obstructive and I plan on not installing in in my build. The actual EFIS display is so small you could put it in an iphone case. The rest of the gauges you could build along the lower windscreen on a shelf. my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
              X