Welcome Mat

Hi Chris,
are you going to make me an offer I can't refuse??? :))
Currently working out of Seymour, now close to Goree and after this project going closer to Wichita Falls, Electra....Hoping to stay in Seymour for another 4-5 months.

John thank you for your welcome!
Already had a brief email contact with yer Cyprus man..:) about my weight.
Long story short...do-able, but I better loose a bunch....not easy with a job sitting most time and pulling levers!

John

Last edited:
Another new fella

Another new fella

Hi everyone.
New to the forum & to gyro's. After having flown helicopters ( mainly Cranes in the jungle) for 30 years have finally seen the gyro lite. Have ordered a new Magni M16 & looking forward to see how it will perform in NZ's south west mountains. In all these years I never realized the size of the gyro industry & full of folks with a real passion for them.
These machines run on the smell of an oily rag compared to what I am used to so looking forward to cruising around for a Jerry of gas an hour & no bosses or customers breathing down my neck.

Cheers
Pete.

Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum Pete!

Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum Pete!

I look forward to reading of your gyroplane adventures and would love to read stories of your helicopter adventures.

I hope you will get some gyroplane instruction. In my opinion there are some very specific differences in the way they takeoff and land.

Tremendously enjoyed my first trip to NZ in February, Pete, including passing through Taupo! Tried to find a gyro flight while there but couldn't make the connection (got close while staying in Mata Mata but no joy). Would love it if we could connect the next time we come down your way. In the mean time, enjoy the Magni - great flying machine that I got my rating in after 40+ years in fixed-wings and a helicopter rating in Robinsons. Brent Smith, Auburn, CA, USA

Greetings Pete and welcome to more fun than is normally legal!

From down under again.

From down under again.

Hey guys thanks for the welcome,
Vance, yes I have had some instruction & will get quite a bit more. Will be treading very lightly. Got to break some helicopter habits that's for sure. That will all add to the challenge. This stick hard back for take off my mind tells me is insane but it does seem to work.
Brent next time your down this way be sure to look me up.
May even make the trip to Mentone one day.
Pete

Hey Pete, looking forward to seeing your new M16 soon! You will be flying in some of the most beautiful parts of the world...

L.

I would like to introduce my self to this Great Forum , My Name Is Oscar Max,
I living in Miami Florida since November 1978, when I came with my father who was a politic prisoner from Cuba. My father was a Pilot from the previous government before Fidel Castro, when Castro take the power in Cuba put My father in prison for 20 years.
In my country (Cuba) you can't not do anything that you dream..only what they told you to do. all kids approaching the 15 birthday anniversary need to go mandatory to serve the military for 3 years, if you refuse you go prison for 5 years. I was lucky and they send me to a of Air force academy witch I request on my interview. , I start flight MIG-21 and MIG-23 at 17 Years old, but 3 year later before release me to war they find that my father was a political prisoner and discharged me from the military. they told me That I can't not be close to any Aircraft on one mile radius. when my father was release on 1978, we left Cuba. I start flight here and finish my single, multi-engine and Rotorcraft Helicopter rating. also had seaplane, turbo-pro endorsements. then become a enthusiast on Helicopters, I had fly my own Bell47 Bell ranger 206 , H300 ,MD500 and i was test a few experimental aircraft like BD-5 dragon Fly , quicksilver etc.

I would like to thanks Dennis, Bryan, and Barney for all help and support, and special Thank you to Todd for his pronto response and help.

If Anything I can do for any member on this forum I will ready.

Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum Oscar.

Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum Oscar.

That is quite a background story.

I hope all your dreams come true.

Thank you Vance, and I apology for my writing, it is not perfect .

Hello everyone !

Grodou (Fred) is from Belgium... land of no giro !
But he's obstinate and after lurking in here for months (if not years), he decided to hook up with a French giro club and get started.

From as long as I can remember, I was attracted to the look and concept of that "cool flying thing" ! I have memories of getting flown over by some "flying chairs" while driving over to Las Vegas on a '93 holiday trip.

Now, I'm must come to reason : I have 2 left hands and not much understanding of mechanics... so it had to be a factory machine.

Luckily enough, I found the "Godasses Volantes" ultralight school in Arras and started lessons in Sept 2015 and after 9 months was handed my license.
Club giro is a MTO Sport that unfortunately rolled over with another student in July. So, while waiting for its rebuilt that started this week (delayed by investigation, insurance examination, parts ordering... blablabla) my CFI takes me up in his Cavalon.

Great fan of this long hours reading place, I only lately dared to register and let you know how good I think about you guys.

Best regards,
Grodou

For personal and family enjoyment, I took habit of filming my flights.
They are all on youtube:
"Formation Autogire" by Hackamores

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum Fred.

It is fun to know people that despite divergent borders, language and culture share a passion for gyroplanes.

I look forward to reading of your gyroplane adventures.

Thanks Vance !
Not difficult to guess I'm one of the many fans following your flying adventures. This inspired my own thread on the french "autogire" forum where I post my impressions (with equal success !) after each flight.

The sharing is a big kick for me as it translates in many tips from seasoned pilots(Use of a grease pencil on windshield for quick notes and keeping head up...) and, as you mention, the cultural aspect is very entertaining to discover from a place to another !

I'm still in the wonderful period of "first times" (first time above the clouds, first rerouting, first transponder...) where everything is cool and exciting !

Since it is good to live with goals and projects :
- Flying above Mont Saint Michel and castles on the river Loire.
- Getting instruction time in mountain environment (french Alps)
- Getting experience with international trips (European borders are quickly crossed !)
- Getting my own bird when the time is right !!!
I have plenty of Dreams !

Cheers !
Fred

Greetings Fred and welcome to more fun that is usually allowed by law!!!

Michael Marshall Byers,CO

Michael Marshall Byers,CO

Aloha Gang,

After reviewing your forum for the past few months and getting the ability to post I am ready to introduce myself. I have been fixed-wing pilot since 1977 but have alway loved aviation and had the desire to be a "rotor-head. I am the owner of a Mosquito 285 and have had contact with Dave R. and Brian C. before I built my bird.

One of the reasons I joined this forum is to connect with local rotor-heads and get impeded into the community. I wanted a heli for a long time but was living on Maui and wanted more support while building it. I visited the Mosquito Factory Fly-In in 2009 and got "bit". Once I moved to Colorado and went back to school, I felt it was time to commit. I did a "factory assist" build and had my 285 in my garage in Oct of 2014. I have 60 hrs. on it now and continue to learn and have fun. I am 18 miles from FTG and plan on flying in to there as they have a nice restaurant.

I really look forward to enjoy conversation and connecting with like minded rotor-heads.

Fly safe!

Michael Marshall

Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum Michael Marshall!

Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum Michael Marshall!

I hope you find what you’re looking for here and add some fun of your own.

All the best of your rotorcraft adventure.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.rotaryforum.com\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=127433&type=thumb"}[/IMG2][IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.rotaryforum.com\/core\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2]​i

Hello, my name is jeff waterson . I have been reading this site for over a year now and I feel I know some of you. also watching you guys on youtube. I am 60 years young now and have been riding and racing dirt bikes, dirt karts. I have built many custom racing machines and engines over the years.gas,alcohol, nitro methane, all the fun stuff. I wanted to take it to the next level and build a gyro, but during the research processes I stumbled on this used benson that was about 70% but good shape. It took me a year to take it apart and rebuild it. It is ready to fly? This is a picture of when I bought it, I am waiting for good weather to take new pics. This site and all of you were a great help ! Thank you!

Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum Jeff Waterson!

Please get flight training before attempting to fly your gyroplane.

It is not as easy as it looks on YouTube.

There are a lot of people who were successful at self-training by carefully following the Bensen Syllabus and many more who were not.

Hello and thank you Vance for that great advice, although my gyro is ready to fly, I did not mean to imply that I was ready to fly. as for youtube everyone knows it is the goto place to learn to fly things like F-16s, top secret hyper sonic scram jets, and everyone's favorite inter planetary alien space craft. but let me put your mind to rest, I am looking for a local redneck CFI to hold my beer while I put this baby through it's paces. yours truly. jeff.