womans fitness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All true, John.

The most important point of that for any particular country is where the money gets spent or invested.

The poor man, spending 100% of his money to live each month, spends almost all within his community. Other businesses also then take some profit, pay some taxes etc..

A successful businessman will spend a proportion locally, and more within his own country.

At the very top strata it is invested anywhere in the world... and bear in mind the great beauty of 'free trade'.... manufacture it in one country, sell it in a second country, pay taxes in a third country.

And also ponder this: Do the Bill Gates of the world, or the person who inherited a prime piece of real estate somewhere, owe their rapidly accumulating wealth entirely to their own skill/ foresight? Or, is it likely that the development of society, infrastructure, other new technology in parallel to their asset/business was the major contributor to the success of their business/investment.

If the latter, is it reasonable that they should return some proportion of that society's largesse back to said society?
    Last edited by Mark E; 02-11-2017, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• Trickle down:

I think it works if applied to medium to small business, and I think everything should be done to favour those businesses: including major constrants on the practices and size of the giant multinationals: ie Microsoft, Amazon, big pharmaceuticals, big finance.

Will Roger coined the term 'Trickle Down'... :

(Don't laugh, he was a very intelligent and insightful man, with a nationally syndicated newspaper column)

https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Will_Rogers

"...They didn't start thinking of the old common fellow till just as they started out on the election tour. The money was all appropriated for the top in the hopes that it would trickle down to the needy. Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickled down. Put it uphill and let it go and it will reach the dryest little spot. But he didn't know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellow’s hands. They saved the big banks but the little ones went up the flue..."

Nationally syndicated column number 518, And Here’s How It All Happened (1932), as published in the Tulsa Daily World, 5 December 1932.[4]
      Last edited by Mark E; 02-11-2017, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• I read all your article and I really like it. Thank you for sharing this great post.

* Lenny Face

Comment

• It's really helpful for me.* hide online

Comment

• This is a great article, that I really enjoyed reading. Thanks for sharing. - kerala lottery results lenny face Status n Quotes

Comment

• Originally posted by hillberg View Post

all on PMS
              I was there and I can assure you- was not PMSing.
              Really great event to be a part of- female power and all that. United against a huge asshat of a president

Other than that I really enjoyed some of the articles posted here. Thank you guys for the effort!
              cheers

Comment

• asshat of a president?
                I was there and I can assure you- was not PMSing.

um......yeah.....right!

Comment

• Asshat for a president, I thought they were wearing vaginas for hats.
                  David Bacon

Comment

Working...
                  X