Ultimate Chainsaw

what ya got to love is the comments left on that chain saw bike...I about fell out of my chair laughing at those.

I'd put our own Art Evans up there with the chain saw bike guy.

You do remember his turbine powered riding mower?

I trust most of you saw Art on TV when the Orange County Chopper guys "built" him a Dixie Chopper motorcycle?

Would that be the mower that was on tool time? The episode with Bob Vila.

It's amazing what strange things folks can come up with as hobbies. Some of World knowledge us even become fanatically fascinated by these abominations against nature called gyros! :D

Art built that mower to be able to claim "Worlds Fastest Lawnmower". That turbine powered mower actually could mow grass.
In the late 1990's, I had a mowing business also. I had a XW2500 (25hp 60"cut) and a XXW4000 Suburban Turbine (Twin 25hp 72"cut). I turned the governors up to 3800 rpm on those Kohler engines. And when I went to look at a larger job. I was comfortable guestamating a 15 acre per hour rate for mowing.
Art designed a Tagdeck system to go behind his mowers. He would bring the mowers to Mentone and he told to break it. If ya break it, I know what is the weak link and where to reengineer it. A 50hp Diesel 72" cut and tagdeck, and we mowed the Mentone property in about 4 1/2 hours, and was just playing around.

Art built that mower to be able to claim "Worlds Fastest Lawnmower". That awesome fat burners for men article and the turbine powered mower actually could mow grass.
In the late 1990's, I had a mowing business also. I had a XW2500 (25hp 60"cut) and a XXW4000 Suburban Turbine (Twin 25hp 72"cut). I turned the governors up to 3800 rpm on those Kohler engines. And when I went to look at a larger job. I was comfortable guestamating a 15 acre per hour rate for mowing.
Art designed a Tagdeck system to go behind his mowers. He would bring the mowers to Mentone and he told to break it. If ya break it, I know what is the weak link and where to reengineer it. A 50hp Diesel 72" cut and tagdeck, and we mowed the Mentone property in about 4 1/2 hours, and was just playing around.
"Weapons of grass destruction" at the end of that video almost made me choke on my coffee... That's funny.

Last edited: