Heading to Phoenix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to Phoenix

My grandson is 2 and wanting to watch him grow up. I have covered all my bases but one never knows what to expect in the unknown. Anyone who lives in the area could give insite that I may have overlooked so if there are gyro heads in that neck of the woods and wouldn't mind answering a few questions, I appreciate it. Thanks in advance. J.R. Brown
    :IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED WITH YOUR DREAMS,DREAM ON,DREAM ON TIL YOU SUCCEED :)

We live about 120 miles north , what questions do you have?

Comment

Active PRA gyro chapter in the Phoenix-Tucson area. Most all of them not on this forum. They have a monthly digital newsletter put out by their chapter president. Color photos included!

They meet several times of the year. Almost monthly, I believe.

If you're a member, VP Marv Wessal gives rides in his Sport Copter ll the times when they meet @ his hangar/home in the Phoenix area. BBQ included!

Comment

Britta Penca Gyro CFI & Mark Rhoads ...autogyro dealer are based at San Manuel live in Oracle ... between Tucson & Phoenix ...also down at Benson is an active EAA chapter with a cavalon flier on field!
        Chris T.
        3Rs - Rotors rock & rule!

"Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape." Buck B.

Time flies if you can but only the slowest.

PRA# 4212
        EAA# 1126845
        AOPA#08888697

Comment

Thanks all, Kevin could you let me know which airport and what the hanger they meet at or a contact number. My gyro is in pieces due to a rebuild and would like to meet them. Thanks
          :IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED WITH YOUR DREAMS,DREAM ON,DREAM ON TIL YOU SUCCEED :)

Comment

Carl Matter is the AZ. PRA Chapter president. Ask to be placed on their e-newsletter list. They appear to meet the third Saturday of the month during the cooler months.

His email: keenuk@aol.com
            Send him your phone # and I'm sure he'll send you his.

Carl's writing is witty and entertaining. Color photos usually show rotorcraft and their owners by name.

Others w/out rotorcraft in the photos are usually also identified, making it easy to learn faces w/ names.
            Last edited by Kevin_Richey; 11-07-2017, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Osterich racing just south and east of Phoenix. Find it on your cell phone. Phoenix zoo, as well. My grandson loves the giraffes there. You can buy food to feed them.
              There is a fabulous christmas light display at the LDS temple in Mesa. Millions of lights, intricate displays.
              Regards

Frank

Comment

I have a question for the guys that fly at El Mirage. Are there any licenses required , spark arrestors or anything else required to fly a gyro there?

Comment

I instructed on the gyro on the dry lake for several years after we moved to El Mirage and was acquainted with several BLM Rangers . No ranger ever mentioned needing spark arrestors on the gyro so I would guess they are not required.
                  Marion

Comment

Thank you for the info. Do you still instruct at El Mirage? I have a Benson in good condition and I am looking for an instructor to meet me at El Mirage. There are no instructors in my area but I could drive to El Mirage on any day of the week and could also camp there for any amount of days. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Reply for JR Brown. Hi JR. We are located st the San Manuel airport - 100 miles SE of Phoenix. My wife Britta is our CFI and gives instruction in an MTO Sport. She is the only gyro CFI in AZ with a gyroplane. You can call her at 520-840-0951 to schedule an introductory flight. Thank you,

Mark

Comment

Thanks all to the post, Rhoadsrunner , thanks for the invite and I will make it down once I relocate to Phoenix. I have a gyro and have been flying since 02 and am looking for those who are close enough to hang,er with so I can finish my TBO. I know no one in Phoenix and am on an Adventure to be closer with my grandson who is 2 and want to be in his life..thanks again for all responses.

Comment

Working...
                        X