Chat Room Setup

ToddP

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Dominator Gyro / RV9
Total Flight Time
500 Hours
I've re-installed the chat room. Its a newer version of the room we had previously and appears to be working very well. We had 5 people in it this evening and had a great discussion. Check it out:

Rotary Forum Chat

Or you can just click on the chat link on the navbar. You should be automatically logged in with your forum user id.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Todd

Todd. EXCELLENT addition to the forum. Just add audio and video and imagine the educational value this would add. Not sure how something works?
Show it here on line via your webcam and let everyone help out. Monthly or weekly interviews with engine experts...avionics folks...blade manufactureres...builders. There is a wealth of gyro talent here waiting to be tapped and shared worldwide.
LETS USE IT TO EVERYONES ADVANTAGE.

Todd. Spent about an hour on chat this morning. System still has some bugs.There is about a 15/20 second delay after you post before it shows up. From time to time the screen freezes and you can't scroll. If you can fine tune it...you've got a winner! Thanks.

Worked fine for me last night. What would be nice is if there was a way to see how many people are in it while scanning the regular forum. When on the forum you can easily see how many people are online and even see what threads they are looking at. I would love to jump in and chat every now and again, but don't want to go in there just to see if anyone else is too.

Go to the main "forum" page and look at the bottom. I'm still trying to figure out how to add it to the portal page.

Fixed

Fixed

I believe the slowness issue is fixed in the chat room. Check it out. Also, you may want to download the latest version of Flashplayer 8 and install it:

Hello Todd.

Excellent work. Haven't been there yet but sounds exciting.
Thanks for your efforts.
It will do wonders for us guys out here.

Best wishes
Rehan

I went to the chat room...few people said hi...but I couldnt answer back. I didnt see anywere to type in a response. what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

At the bottom of the page are 3 buttons that say Here, Options, Save or something like that, right under them is a rectangle, click in the Rect. and start typing, then click send.

If you don't see it then Maybe Tod can help you out.

I went to the Chat room and you loged in and then out real quick, you have to give it a few seconds to come up. Maybe your not waiting long enough for the page to load......

Got the chat room to work. I was seeing the screen, but didnt have the screen to type. I downloaded that Flash program, and now the chat room works great.