Marion Springer flew back home today.

dabkb2

Dave Bacon
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582, 2 KB2 90Mac KB3 582
Total Flight Time
529 hours
It is with a sad heart that I have to say that Marion is no longer with us. We have lost a great ambassador for the gyro community I was fortunate to have her in my life as a mentor and good friend.

The Family ask me to post this for them, Good by to our mother, Marion Springer, pioneer gyro pilot, CFI. Our mother loved flying more than anything in the world, next to her family, Docko, her husband and 4 children, Linda, Dave, Coby, Donna and her to beloved grandchildren Lonni and Crystal. Next came her love for animals. She will be missed by all.

Anyone who new or talked with Marion new her passion for gyro's. She lived life to the fullest and was still flying at 80 years young. Anyone would be lucky to live a full and exciting life as Marion did. She was a great promoter of safety in gyro's and through her training saved countless life's including mine. This sounds like a celebration of life, but, still it's sad that she is not with us anymore.

A FINAL GOODBYE

Do not weep for me, for I will soon be gone.
My body may die, but my soul will live on.
Perhaps up to heaven, maybe eternity,
or be reborn as another, when I am set free.

Do not weep for me, for I will soon be gone.
I was a survivor since my first breath was drawn.
I loved and was loved by animals and man,
siblings, friends, and strangers since my life began.

I was blessed with a father who taught me well,
to live this life on earth as a heaven, not hell.
A mother who taught me to stand on my feet,
a faith that anchored me, all strangers to greet.

If you fear dying, you'll not live a full life,
as pain and dread will cut through like a knife.
Live each day with joy while you're here on this earth;
make each day count, with compassion and mirth.

Do not weep for me, for I will soon be gone,
my body may die, but my soul will live on.
I leave all of you with my love, and I pray
that our souls will touch once again someday.

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/a-final-goodbye-2

Rest in peace Marion. May God grant comfort to those who mourn for you.
Since Jeff thought it apropos to leave a poem, I thought Marion would have left one like this if she could.
THE TRAIN:

At birth we boarded the train and met our parents, and we believe they will always travel on our side. However, at some station our parents will step down from the train, leaving us on this journey alone. As time goes by, other people will board the train; and they will be significant i.e. our siblings, friends, children, and even the love of your life. Many will step down and leave a permanent vacuum. Others will go so unnoticed that we don't realize they vacated their seats. This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells. Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers requiring that we give the best of ourselves.
The mystery to everyone is: We do not know at which station we ourselves will step down. So, we must live in the best way, love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are. It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life. I wish you a joyful journey on the train of life. Reap success and give lots of love. More importantly, thank God for the journey. Lastly, I thank you for being one of the passengers on my train.

Very well said Dave. Thank you for letting everyone know on this forum. I just read last night's e-mail from her daughter Linda about Marion's passing. I'm so very proud to call Marion my friend. and will always cherish my conversations with her.

Linda said there will be no memorial service, and her ashes will be spread quietly in the desert. Marion's way.

I think at Mentone this year, we should all agree place a nice memorial placard, dedicating the observation tower in her name since she will always be looking over us.

Wayne

What a wonderful lady! She will be greatly missed. Thanks for sharing your life with us. I recommend anyone reading this to buy her book.

I put my pictorial memorial for Marion up on Facebook ...as this platform is so difficult to post pics in & my desk computer ..rejects the site as unsecure … I did find a work-around using another browser!
I will miss her greatly ...I AM SO thankful to have made the extra effort to go to ElMirage 2018 to spend precious last moments with her at the club event!
Public link to album ...no FB account needed ….https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2843257135690167&type=1&l=170d1f6072

"R.I.P" Marion, "Godspeed"

I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person, but she was always gracious and knowledgeable in every online and e-mail communication I ever had with her, and seemed quite an asset to the whole gyro community. My thoughts go out to her extended (and extensive, including many here) family.

Marion was a gyro pioneer, particularly in the field of powered dual instruction. She lived good long life, and lived it well. She had the admiration of three generations of aviation colleagues.

Any of us would be fortunate to do so well!

Jim’s father, Chuck, was great friends with Marion, and Jim first met her in 1970 as a boy. He recalls her flying at air shows, and it was rare back then to see a gyroplane with any bodywork. All three later enjoyed flying together, and kept in contact through the years.

As a true Gyroplane Pioneer (or as some knew her a “Gyroplane Queen”), she played a significant role in the Gyroplane community. Along with making historical strides in gyroplanes and for female Pilots/CFIs today, she was a passionate advocate for gyroplane safety.

Marion was such an amazing person and led a remarkable life. A true gem, one of a kind. She will truly be missed by all! Godspeed Marion!

Condolences to her family and friends. May she rest in peace.

The difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys

Some in here said she made them better pilots, not the least by her emphasis on safety. I wonder how many women she helped to even consider entering, what was back then, one of the most dangerous and .... most boyish of all sports you could imagine. We briefly exchanged e-mails over a minute issue and I feel very fortunate to have had contact with such a great ambassador of the sport.

Oh, and He will appreciate that no expensive pair of angel wings is needed to lift her up and carry her home..... a 20ft rotor will do....

A great lady, a pioneer, and an inspiration. Go well on the next journey.

No Title

Aw heck, I had no idea. Haven't stopped by here for ages. Sorry Marion.

Attachments

• photo131578.jpg
    photo131578.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2
No Title

I came across this photo I took @ El Mirage in 2017 of Marion, her two daughters (Donna & Linda...which is which?), w/ Christine Toevs in back.

Attachments

• photo131595.jpg
    photo131595.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 9
I got this picture from a local fellow a couple years ago, who was selling his father's Air Command gyro, which was in pieces, because his dad wrecked it. Must not paid enough attention to his CFI's instructions, or, forgot her voice in his memory.

From back in time: Over 33 years ago, in Tracy, California. Marion teaching in a side-by-side gyroplane. Looks to be Bensen or Brock blades, w/ a MAC engine for propulsion. Can anyone identify how to tell the difference between the makes?

Attachments

• Marion 1986.jpg
    Marion 1986.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 7