Site Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Issues

For the past couple of weeks when I log into the forum and click on latest Activity, I get a pop up window that says "Error Unable to contact Server. Please try again. If this error continues please contact the site administrator." Even as I try making this post and I try to preview it it gives me an error in uploading.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    (925) 481-4304

Same here, I have been unable to read any posts, keep getting error messages, something is jacked...
    The government cannot give anything to anybody that the Government does not first take from somebody else.

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.”
    - Thomas Jefferson

Scott Essex....Flying H Ranch

Comment

And no word from Admin? Nothing? We've already suffered losses from the format changeover. This is just driving another nail. Come on guys, it's an internet forum. Can it be ported over to a better server? I'll chip in if it's just a matter of cost. The archives are invaluable.

ANY ADMIN: Please reply if you can read this. Or visit.

Comment

If you look at the bottom of your post, you will notice a flag icon. Click this icon and type your message. This icon allows users to bring attention items of interest to the Admins.
        PRA member 41204
        PRA Chapter 16

Comment

What Brian said. I'm in. Please act now before it's over.

Comment

What Brian said. I'm in. Please act now before it's over.

Comment

Yeah the search doesn’t work anymore...

Comment

And the "Latest Activity" isn't. New posts don't show up on the main page. I'm getting the impression nobody's minding the store here. 3rd week now and the site is still crippled. Is this the end of RWF? If so then another forum need be set up, on a reliable, stable platform. Half tempted to do it myself.

Comment

I don't see what the problem is. Is it money, indifference or a subtle lesson due to lack of participation? I would appreciate talking to the administrator to see what could be done to revive the forum. Hope he or someone in the know can help us get out of hole.

Comment

Agreed, Dinoa. I and others I'm sure have greatly missed the ability to communicate freely. I only saw your post because I left the page open all morning and hit Refresh. An outage here and there is expected, but here it is into the next month and no acknowledgement from Admin... starts to paint a picture. I'm seriously entertaining the idea of just paying for an IT service to set up a new forum for us. The drawback however would be the absence of the valuable RWF archives.

Though I can only speculate, it's possible that Todd and the Admins simply don't want to run this forum anymore. I've seen no evidence to the contrary. And that's OK. If so, perhaps there's a way to port over the archival data if they would be willing to share it and let someone else take over the responsibility. I may be thinking too far ahead at this point, but having a contingency plan in place is never a bad thing.

Comment

Anyone, how can I get in touch with Todd? Best to find out from the horses mouth. It would be preferable to work with Todd to retain as much of the archive as possible and address any other issues he may have. You can contact me at dinoa9@gmail.com

Comment

I went through my email archive and the only address I came up with is admin@rotaryforum.com. I sent an email today and will relay here if there is any reply.

Comment

No reply yet...

Comment

Working...
                          X