Latest gyros - three new this week

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
A quick scan over the latest FAA data shows three brand new gyrocopters being registered in the US&A - all imports - all ROTAX - two Cavalons and one Calidus - N128AG Cavalon serial 314 and going to Texas N232DR Cavalon serial 324 ( this is the highest Cavalon serial I am aware of ) plus Calidus N991TC(2) serial 335 ( this replaces a previous Calidus N991TC(1) which those of your still awake may recall had a mishap )

Since Steve you seem to only report on European imports into the US, even there focusing on AutoGyro and Magni; there have been 3 AR-1's registered in the last 2 months as well and also some ELA Eclipse 10's. If you are going to report, report everything or don't at all. It doesn't look good otherwise my friend.

Last edited:
Hi Abid, thank you for your message.

I will ill report what I want as and when I can. There was no claim that this was a complete listing of everything. It clearly says ......... this week.

I have previously attempted to list all new modern gyrocopters as they were registered. The thread ran for several years. Take a look back. It ended up being side tracked so far off message that that I declined to continue it.

I will never post new registrations for the AR-1. You are best placed to do that by far.

I will ill continue to post as and when. If you can't cope with a thread that clearly says "registered this week" then that is your concern.

Regards

Steve_UK;n1125623 said:
Hi Abid, thank you for your message.

I will ill report what I want as and when I can. There was no claim that this was a complete listing of everything. It clearly says ......... this week.

I have previously attempted to list all new modern gyrocopters as they were registered. The thread ran for several years. Take a look back. It ended up being side tracked so far off message that that I declined to continue it.

I will never post new registrations for the AR-1. You are best placed to do that by far.

I will ill continue to post as and when. If you can't cope with a thread that clearly says "registered this week" then that is your concern.

Regards

Got you Steve. So it was not just about the AR-1, it was also about the ELA. Both of these have taken market share in significant numbers away the last 12 months from AutoGyro brand of gyroplanes namely MTO Sport and Calidus models compared to years before in the US market. I think that is significant to look at. Very clear what you want to do. Thanks for the straight talk. Well noted.

Last edited:
" ..... no shooter on the grassy knoll " :mad: :der: - Abid ...... the AR1's ,Eclipses & Titaniums ... are the bastard step children in this jokers's "production/destruction" blog ... only of interest when they:flame: CRASH!!!!!
...:suspicious::tape: ...... walk away from the :boink: $hit fight here! ... just walk away &:tape::puke:

Hi. I have tried to keep a very open mind towards Steve. I have nothing against European products or Europe. In fact my cousins are British and my brother in law Dutch. But yes I have to agree Steve really only seems to focus on a few brands that happen to be from Europe but he has always presented it with a flair which makes it seem like that he is keeping track of all registrations that he can where registrations are easy to keep track of. Like the US. I agree he also has not mentioned Titanium registrations that have happened recently.
The problem with it is this. It's a backhanded way of presenting a picture that shows that only this or that brand is really selling and worth looking at. US is an open market. Much more so than EU. This is both technically and culturally true. Having lived on multiple continents I feel confident in that statement. I have no problem competing but information presented should be balanced and open.

Steve has now clearly stated what he is doing. He does not want to report all registrations equally. He essentially is mainly an AutoGyro and Magni guy. Ok. Noted. Once motives are understood, biases are clear and a fair weight can be given to the information provided from a source. That's all.

Hello Abid and Chris

Thank you for your comments.

I think you've been watching too much Murder She Wrote. You've certainly read far too much in to my posting.

Please can I suggest you and those interested forum members take a look back through my old State of the Nation thread - not easy to find it but here it is from the old forum

https://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/general/news/46691-state-of-the-nation

This thread ran for over a year ( there were earlier similar postings too ) - you will see listings for newly registered factory built gyros in the USA - take a look - lots of mentions for Tit Explorer, AR-1, ELA Eclipse and even Tango Gyros.

I think your recent comments are rather bitter and twisted. You both represent and sell a gyro product - I'm selling nothing. I'm not connected to any aviation company. Aviation is my passion thankfully it's not my income.

You have short memories so here are a few extracts from State of the Nation - you suggested I never mentioned these products - fools

ELA

""Newly built and newly registered this week, another import

N518EA ELA 10 Eclipse

selling well, must be at least half a dozen or more registered in the USA already

This ones gone to................................................ ..Iowa.""

Tit Explorer

Showing in todays FAA update - Add one for TE

N488FC serial 025 - registered yesterday to Desmon and his cat.

TE Blog here

http://titaniumgyrocopter.blogspot.co.uk/

Tango Gyro

Another Russian Tango registered just yesterday

N105V - type Tango1 - s/n 00004

a crowded market place out there

meanwhile back at the new gyro ranch.........

Just registered AR-1

N107AR serial number 0009

If you re-read the thread you will notice a lot of thread drift ( ironically a lot from Abid ) in the latter pages hence I often wrote "meanwhile back at the new gyro ranch........" or similar.

Ultimately I stopped contributing to the thread

So now I will post as and when I can, when it suits me - you will see only a partial picture of what's happening.

Please re-read Abid and Chris comments above - it certainly doesn't reflect very well on them.

Enjoy your aviation.

Regards

Thank you for posting the registration information Steve.

I have found it useful on several occasions and it is always interesting to me.

If something is not being reported it is pretty easy to add it on a public forum.

Steve:
You used to indeed report on most if not all two seat modern gyroplane registrations in FAA database. That is what was useful to see trends. Past around April/May or so, some months back your reports were mostly just about AutoGyro mainly and Magni. That is why I wondered what was the point of reporting if it was to be for just selected brands and not trends in the US market. I agree that the new forum format is harder to use and search and its a step backwards, not forwards. Anyway, when you start reporting on only select brands, the info presented is not useful to see trends as a whole and serves the purpose of marketing for those brands only regardless if you are selling them or not. The net result is the same. I am not going to judge your intent, just the result of your selective information regardless of your intent. That's all I did. Thanks for clarifying that you no longer want to provide a full trend of the market, because that is different than what you used to do before. I will look at your provided information differently from now on because it is now different information than before. Be safe and enjoy.

Last edited:
""Steve:
You used to indeed report on most if not all two seat modern gyroplane registrations in FAA database. That is what was useful to see trends. Past around April/May or so, some months back your reports were mostly just about AutoGyro mainly and Magni. That is why I wondered what was the point of reporting if it was to be for just selected brands and not trends in the US market.""

Abid - I used to post what appeared as new, all modern makes

Please re-read the State of the Nation thread linked above - sadly you and few others derailed it by continually going off track. That's when the reports got more sporadic. Ask yourself what did your last slave die of.

I'll post when its convenient for me - it will be a comment on a day - if you want the whole picture then you need to apply some effort.

Regards

Thanks Jason

Yes of course.

He seems to be under the impression that I'm hear to provide a perfect running commentary of all newly registered modern factory built gyros in the USA.

It has to be 100% or nothing. Read back and you'll see.

I'm sorry to disappoint but I'll post when I choose and I'll post what I choose and I'll post as often as I like - I'm no slave.

Others are welcome to keep an eye on and report the new gyros being registered in the US.

In the long running State of the Nation thread ( see earlier link ) I think posted all brands of modern factory gyros - you'll see the cut n pasted examples above.

Now you'll get what I choose when I choose.

Regards

Taking Steve's own words to post whatever and whenever, I chose to post the following:
FAA (USA government page) shows 12 ELA Eclipse 10s and 15 AR-1s registered. This does not count models sold or registered out of country. It does not count models registered under other model names which is a totally legal option in this country. There are new forum members that read these posts and we as a group have a social responsibility to at least try to fully inform them with true facts and figures.

Come on guys, be nice. Just let it go, please ?