No announcement yet.

My first engine out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am not a fan of the offset gimbal head because of its ability to mask a problem until it's to late, I started with a Bensen tilting spindle and loved the way it flew with the overhead stick but not so much with a joystick , the reason I changed to a fixed spindle was the ease of adding a good pre rotator and not have torque feed back into the control stick. I still believe that if Bensen had kept the spindle head and put adequate tail feather system on his machines there would have been only wire strike type accidents in gyros.
    Norm.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
      I too am not a fan of the offset gimbal head because of its ability to mask a problem until it's to late, I started with a Bensen tilting spindle and loved the way it flew with the overhead stick but not so much with a joystick , the reason I changed to a fixed spindle was the ease of adding a good pre rotator and not have torque feed back into the control stick. I still believe that if Bensen had kept the spindle head and put adequate tail feather system on his machines there would have been only wire strike type accidents in gyros.
      Norm.
      Hi Norm
      What do the modern gyroplane use gimbal head or tilting spindle?
      Resistance is futile…… You will be compiled!
      Cheers,
      John Rountree

PRA- Director
      PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - Vice President of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
      http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.
      See: Aviomania USA http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

Comment

That was a lot more stick shake than any I had with my Benson (after I learned I had to track my blades)

Comment

Originally posted by klyde View Post
          That was a lot more stick shake than any I had with my Benson (after I learned I had to track my blades)
          That's what I was doing at the time. Small adjustment and a flight around the pattern, then repeat. The fuel level dropped quicker than anticipated.
          Bobby Munroe
          Private Pilot (SEL)
          PRA Chapter 62 #42748
          EAA #1160523

Comment

Working...
          X