10 awesome personal aircraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 awesome personal aircraft

Interesting somewhat random list of someone's favorite gyros. Quite ridiculous no Magnis are included.

It's a good comparison of price and performance. The prices seem correct except maybe the SportCopter.

The link doesn't work... here's another try.

https://youtu.be/bGaB0eUDz9Q

Comment

It's hard to take it seriously with Magni not even mentioned and their "Number 1" pick still in the concept stage.

Comment

The Sport Coptor price is $285,000 needless to say not a big seller.
        Best Regards,
        Eddie Sigman,Polvadera,nm
        (575) 835-4921

Comment

Can someone provide some insights on the prices, please? (esp. Cavalon/Taifun)

Comment

The quoted $85.000 price of the Sport Copter II was, I think, the kit price without engine or avionics.
            A completed SCII with Lycoming IO-360 and glass panel goes for about $245,000 these days.
            I've flown one; it's quite a ship.

I agree that a Magni should have been in their list (vs. two ELAs).
            The Arrowcopter also deserved a mention, IMO.

Regards, Kolibri
            PP - ASEL complex (Piper 180, C206, RV-7A), SP - Gyro (Calidus, RAF, SC2), soloed in gliders; checkride soon

Wasn't happy with my RAF's pitch instability, so I installed a Boyer H-Stab to my great satisfaction!

"
            When an honest but mistaken man learns of his error, he either ceases to be mistaken -- or he ceases to be honest."

Comment

$160,000 seems high to me for an engine and panel.
              Regards, Vance Breese Gyroplane CFI http://www.breeseaircraft.com/

Comment

You're completely omitting the value of build labor and a completed/flying/registered aircraft.

Those who saw the red SCII at Oshkosh 2018 thought $245,000 was a suitable price for such a luxurious cabin-class gyro with rough-field capability.
                PP - ASEL complex (Piper 180, C206, RV-7A), SP - Gyro (Calidus, RAF, SC2), soloed in gliders; checkride soon

Wasn't happy with my RAF's pitch instability, so I installed a Boyer H-Stab to my great satisfaction!

"
                When an honest but mistaken man learns of his error, he either ceases to be mistaken -- or he ceases to be honest."

Comment

Working...
                X