Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverlight new canopy gyroplane

Very nice!

Comment

Looks great,about all you can say is, Winner Winner Chiken dinner !
      Best Regards,
      Eddie Sigman,Polvadera,nm
      (575) 835-4921

Comment

Nice! I didnít see the escape hammer. How do you like the way it flies with the canopy? Is there enough airflow inside to keep cool with it closed? Is there airflow in front to prevent it from fogging up and preventing forward visibility.. Is it any quieter with the canopy or does that require insulating between engine and cabin? Looks great. I have seen some planes with canopy put in sliding shades on top to help reduce the heat from the sun in summer.

Comment

Dave its a convertible. Why would you burn yourself in 100 F with a canopy when in summer you can simply take it off. But in case you don't; it has 4 vents. There can be plenty of airflow if you wanted that keeps fogging gone as well. It is quieter even without the insulating engine wall but yes that makes it much quieter.
          Last edited by fara; 07-30-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I like flying my RAF with the doors on year round,I have painted the upper inside of my canope to block the sun,

I just don't like the wind noise,when the doors are closed the engine noise is reduced a lot,when flying. the air flow

through the vents keep the cabin quite cool,its on the ground is when it gets really warm,just pop open the canope problem solved.
            Best Regards,
            (575) 835-4921

Comment

Do both latches need to be engaged - seems like it might be awkward for a solo pilot to engage and disengage the back latch, particularly in an emergency

Comment

It looks like that if you wanted to connect a rod between the two handles both latchs could be operated by either handle.
                Best Regards,
                (575) 835-4921

Comment

Originally posted by loftus View Post
                  Do both latches need to be engaged - seems like it might be awkward for a solo pilot to engage and disengage the back latch, particularly in an emergency
                  Ok. I can't resist. We are giving a voucher for one Dr. Jeffrey Hartog who can do some plastic surgery and attach a small third arm that faces backwards on your shoulder with sale of each canopied gyro :).

Nah. There is a rod connecting them both with a bell crank in the middle that actually connects the handle outside through the composite to this connecting rod inside. But this connecting rod connects the front and back latches. Hence when you latch the front, the back latch locks as well and vice-versa.

Comment

Fara your are way ahead of the class on this one,excellent designing ! However I do like the surgery idea a lot.
                    Best Regards,
                    (575) 835-4921

Comment

Here is a flight Greg had GyroGerald post on YouTube from Mentone (Monday).

https://youtu.be/dAMKtRbvF3E

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X