Cave Junction, Oregon gyroplane flight school

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cave Junction, Oregon gyroplane flight school

Stumbled onto this video, showing a gyro flight from Ashland, OR to Cave Junction, OR airport. That's J-Bird's stretch of woods!

I had to turn down the really annoying music soundtrack. It appears they are using a Magni tandem gyro for flight instruction.

In the video comments section , the question is asked & answered regarding the cost of gyroplane instruction.

Also, for the time being, while awaiting his LODA, he states the cost of flight instruction is FREE for the gyro, and one only pays for the instructor's time. Interesting...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...3&id=748827682

How does one separate the cost of flight instruction from the cost of "instructor's time"?

Comment

One looks at the overall cost of owning and operating an aircraft and subtracts that from their all in fee per hour which includes the cost of their personal time and training investment.
      Thanks,
      Paul
      (925) 481-4304

Comment

What awesome news, Haven't been out to the airport (3S4) in a couple of months, did not know Wolf got his CFI gyro ticket, now I don't have to drive to Utah for flight instruction. What makes it so awesome, I can take my gyro (8 miles) to airport and leave on the ramp all summer if I want. I can finish flight instruction here in Cave Junction.
        Jay Gunderson

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
        fools talk because they have to say something."

Plato

Comment

Wolf trained with us in N. Cal last year. He is providing training in a 914 powered Magni M-16. As of last week he received his LODA. I imagine the "free gyro" period is over :-). If you don't know Wolf, he is an excellent instructor. He operates Captain Drakes Family Aerial Adventurs. Check out his web site here: http://captaindrakesfaa.com/ - Airplanes, gyroplanes, lodging and he is a DPE.

Don
          FoothillSportAviation.com
          530 558-9613
          Last edited by DLB5423; 07-03-2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

J bird is Leroy and Sharon still at cave junction?

Comment

I don't believe he has a hanger at the airport anymore, someone told me he has a lot off medical problems, haven't seen him around in a long time.
              Jay Gunderson

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
              fools talk because they have to say something."

Plato

Comment

He has an ercoupe in the school fleet. Cool !

Comment

Hello folks. Yes it is true that Captain Drake's flight school has recieved our gyroplane LODA and the free training period is over. The good news is that we are available to help you out. It is also true thst we have the following aircraft : quicksilver ultralight trainer, Apollofox light sport airplane, ercoupe, and an aeroprakt airplane in addition to our magni M-16 gyroplane. We also work hand in hand with Don Bradley and his business to better serve our community. For those of you who knew Sharon and Leroy in sorry to report that both of them have now past. They were awesome and a huge part of my life.

Comment

Working...
                  X