New PAL-V gyroplane Fly/Drive youtube video

Kevin_Richey

Staff member
An excellent video posted today to youtube re: the PAL-V gyroplane/road drivable vehicle. It is narrated by a George Tielen, a highly-experienced helicopter pilot who is head of flight training.

This is a short (4:51), top-quality video and George explains their flight schooling (which they call their boot camps), to be conducted in three locations for good weather possibilities and great vacation destinations for family fun: Sebring, FL, USA, Andalusia, Spain, and the leeward islands of St. Eustatius, in the Caribean.

They have tapped Chris Lord of the US and Great Britain's Phil Harwood to be their instructors.

I like this video because George briefly explains how a gyroplane is comparable to a helicopter, and offers four great advantages of gyroplane flight over airplanes, in terms easily understood to the general public. Of course, he didn't discuss how airplanes have a faster cruise than gyros, nor how a gyro cannot take off vertically and hover like a helicopter.

Overall, I'd rate this video high on content, music (no hard driving, heavy-metal, acid rock crap), and information, with some flying videos included from the pilot's viewpoint in the cockpit.

The only drawback is a scene introducing Chris Lord, where a women (more likely an actress than a journalist) with a microphone, gushing over Chris Lord. He deserves much better than that adolescent clip, as those who know him can attest. They could and should replace that portion with ANYTHING more professional concerning Chris, like they did with Phil. Since the price tag of the PAL-V will only attract those with deep pockets, they should immediately film another scene, or find in their film cuttings something more fitting showing the class act and professionalism in their Chris Lord introduction.

Disclaimer: I know Chris Lord, having met him when he conducted a bi-annual flight review with me in Florida a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4F2kiFpa2s

Thank for sharing that Bro!!!

A well made video but I am missing the PAL-V. I was expecting some footage of a PAL-V if the flight school is called the PAL-V flying academy. You see a Cavalon and an MT03 but no PAL-V.

-- Chris.

ckurz7000;n1132529 said:
A well made video but I am missing the PAL-V. I was expecting some footage of a PAL-V if the flight school is called the PAL-V flying academy. You see a Cavalon and an MT03 but no PAL-V.

-- Chris.

They’re looking for investors, Chris so now is the time to buy stock in PAL-V. Better hurry before the price goes up.

I just want to know where do I get these investors who invest tens of millions for something that doesn't exist nor has a great chance of existing in production without people who have any track record of actually bringing production aircraft to market in the past in leadership.
With the amount of money given to PAL-V or companies like Icon, without trying to sound arrogant I could have been much much further than where they are, by a loooong shot. What gives.

Last edited:
Nice styling but so is my couch, and I've seen both fly equally. I do hope it comes to fruition though and wish them success.

Fara, how can you even compare yourself with the likes & greatness of Pal-V? They have a great track record:
  • 2001- Founded
  • 2005- show a gyro from an existing gyro manufacturer!
  • 2009- Tested tilting system only ... no flights yet!
  • 2012- first flight based on a failed Carver car with estimated pricing of Euro 300,000
  • 2014 - abandoned the tandem design
  • 2015- started on a completely new side by side design
  • 2017- started marketing PAL-V Liberty without any news of flight testing
  • 2018 - production model shown to public
  • 2019- it drives... still no flight video but they are ready for production
  • 2021- first delivery...... & counting!!
So yes, they have a great track record of showing glitter and getting money and your record sucks in that comparison.

You are putting your own money into your enterprise, hiring US workforce.... manufacturing, selling and standing by your own product, have tens of units already in the hands of customers........You are not investable!!

Kidding apart.... this is pathetic indeed..... 20 years and millions from investors and government and it is still out 2 years from delivering the first one.......

Fara, how can you even compare yourself with the likes & greatness of Pal-V? They have a great track record:
  • 2001- Founded
  • 2012- first flight based on a failed Carver car with estimated pricing of Euro 300,000
So yes, they have a great track record of showing glitter and getting money and your record sucks in that comparison.

You are putting your own money into your enterprise, hiring US workforce.... manufacturing, selling and standing by your own product, have tens of units already in the hands of customers........You are not investable!!

Kidding apart.... this is pathetic indeed..... 20 years and millions from investors and government and it is still out 2 years from delivering the first one.......
Do you guys know about Samson Switchblade? Look at their facebook page. Updates 2-3 days a week with pics and videos. And yes...I'm #35 on the reservation list.

• 2001- Founded

So you are saying I need to hire a marketing company and a used car salesman? LOL

What a great add for Magni....

Will I live long enough to see. Pal V fly....non cgi....😳

I have a pair of Moller Sky Cars you can buy right now!
They fly awesome tetherd, I hear they are changing the design to electric next month, so my gas burners are obsolete.
They come with a fractional ownership Certificate for so.e Beachfront property in the foothills of Yuma, as well as a stake in the new Milli Vanilli return album.
Let me know if your interested, but hurry before they are all gone!

Guys I’m unsure if it’s just me? But I am unable to find Pal V flight videos in its version, they are selling a super car thing that hardly floats my boat as a car ( looks and performance) living on a thread that it’s now road legal, with respect cheap cars from the east have been road legal for decades, on a Different Forum I have been in sarcastic discussions with one or two of their over compensated staff but no where can I see it flying, the promo vid even used a Magni Wtf!

am I just missing something...please can someone put me out of my misery

PAL-V, Switchblade, and Terrafugia are all great marketing hype to take your money and never deliver. Typical start-up where founders get rich.

The multirotor designs seem to be viable options for short flights. None of the above will ever deliver.

PAL-V, Switchblade, and Terrafugia are all great marketing hype to take your money and never deliver. Typical start-up where founders get rich.

The multirotor designs seem to be viable options for short flights. None of the above will ever deliver.
I am in agreement with your thinking 👍 on Linkedin they are pushing hard with its marketing and development

Do you guys know about Samson Switchblade? Look at their facebook page. Updates 2-3 days a week with pics and videos. And yes...I'm #35 on the reservation list.
Hope you didn't send them any money. They hook people on the "dream" of driving something out of the garage that can also fly . We all want to . But when you listen close it is all sizzle and no steak .

"Talk" is always focused on that "dream" .... complete with lipstick , gadgetry , modern materials , beautiful design and so on .

Nothing about what really matters .... aviation engineering , wing loading , power to weight ratio , fuel capacity and tank location , especially in the switchblade , I cannot find room for a tank in that sleek cockpit .... then look at the small wings .... if they work at all it would be at at the speed of a jet ...... compare to a J3 Cub wing area ... cub only weighs 1200 lbs gross and has 178 sq ft wings .... switchblade is 1500 lbs. with 67 sq ft.

Exactly .... DiNelly and Moller also come to mind.

They have great talent for raising many $millions over many years without delivering anything that actually flies.

Every year they put on more lipstick and then say ... next year it will fly.