Apple Computer Snoopy Gyroplane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Computer Snoopy Gyroplane

Way to go Gary! I'm impressed with your perseverance. Glad to see her flying so well.
    Rick Martin
    Sport Pilot, Gyroplane
    Bradenton, Florida
    Gator Gyro (a Jake Jacob "Everglades Kite") N328RM
    Tandem Dominator
    Follow Your Dreams ;)

Comment

https://youtu.be/ANqh3i5hxk4

Comment

Gary Yanson is the first person that I ever saw actually fly a gyro. While everyone else was thumping along the runway at the Brooksville, FL airport with Bensen flight training manual in hand, Gary came along, jumped in a gyro without any sort gyro* training and flew the pattern.

He also crashed my gyro with one blade rotor system at Brooksville, having just barely healed up from a bout with an overhead stick.

Gary accompanied me to the 1974 PRA flyin at Rialto, CA where he was awarded the “Man and Machine” trophy flying my gyro.

Gary had recently soloed an Aeronca so had a student pilot’s permit.
        Last edited by C. Beaty; 03-01-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Please help me understand this thread.

Keasler or Yanson?

Florida or Georgia?

Apple computer gyro?
          Tom Milton, PRA Director, Need a DAR, Seat tank, Prerotator, Rotor Brake, or Rotor Tach?
          Have Airworthiness Certification questions?
          gyroplanes@aol.com or
          Visit www.calumetair.com

Comment

That’s Gary Yanson who lives in Florida and shares a hangar in Zephyrhills, FL. The instrument pod was formerly the case of an Apple computer.

Comment

And Gary K posted the video, I assume. I figured you might be the one to solve this puzzle. I met Gary at Bensen Days a few years ago, I believe he was testing out a new gyro back then. I read about Gary for many years before meeting him, same with you ,Chuck. You pioneers paved the way, and I thank you for that.
              Tom Milton, PRA Director, Need a DAR, Seat tank, Prerotator, Rotor Brake, or Rotor Tach?
              Have Airworthiness Certification questions?
              gyroplanes@aol.com or
              Visit www.calumetair.com

Comment

Working...
              X