Apollo Gyro AG-01`

Did you have a camera on the rotor blade tip Bosco? Good video but I am wondering how attached some of the cameras from the shots I saw.

Shots from the blade tips are only when the blade is stationary, so I'm guessing a camera was suspended there for these shots.
Cool video. But i will say, getting smooth video from a gyro is a challenge.

loftus;n1127435 said:
Shots from the blade tips are only when the blade is stationary, so I'm guessing a camera was suspended there for these shots.
Cool video. But i will say, getting smooth video from a gyro is a challenge.

Barry does a good job with smooth video shots...

fara;n1127432 said:
Did you have a camera on the rotor blade tip Bosco? Good video but I am wondering how attached some of the cameras from the shots I saw.

Hi Abid,
yes there was a camera on the blade tip, but only during taxiing and pre rotation and it was fixed with Go-Pro suction cup mount. Other cameras I fixed with adhesive mounts.

DavePA11;n1127445 said:
Barry does a good job with smooth video shots...

Barry does do a good job, no doubt. But there are some things to the critical eye (things like rolling shutter effect) that are very difficult to eliminate except with high tech and expensive equipment. Used to be one had to spend literally hundreds of thousands for high tech stabilizers for decent video in rotorcraft. The last few years there have been phenomenal advances in consumer stabilization with 3-D gimbal stabilization etc. Most recently there have been great advances made in smoothing out video purely in software without any type of mechanical stabilization. For ultra smooth video, it's hard to beat video from a fixed wing but the good news is that the technology is now getting better and better. Check out the video from this little camera that has just become available. Barry will probably want to get one :) http://rylo.com